Growing in pots

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cameron11j, Dec 28, 2016.

1. I'm a new grower, and before I grow I wanna know something, why do people switch from small pots to big ones, why don't they just grow straight out of 5 gallon buckets. Why do they always go from small to large, and would a 150w sylvania light be good for growing2 plants?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Auto's do not like to be transplanted and if they are, expect a week with no growth, I use a 5 gallon and don't transplant and your light is good enough the yield may not be as high as it could be but will still be very decent

3. Potting up is what I think you are referring to, when do you start out in a smaller container it helps the roots grow in to the container faster, and when the roots are getting slightly to big for that container , The new pot off to a bigger container and for me that is when I start seeing the best growth

I'm not really explaining it properly but I'm sure some others will stop by, or you could Google "why should I pot up my cannabis" and you'd probably get a much better explanation

(€};-]

4. I have a 150 watt sylvania light, so don't transplant it at all? Just plant the seed in a 5 gallon and it's good?

5. I did not even see that you were growing autos, a lot of people say not to transplant autos, just to start out in the pot that you plan on finishing in .
    I actually just started a few autos in small Dixie size cup containers and I plan on transplanting and a couple weeks I will let you know how it goes

(€};-]

6. Awesome, thank you, so I should just start off with a 5 gallon and that's all? No smaller

7. He actually explained that very well, I would agree start in the 5 and end in the 5 :)