Growing in my new house

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ImRipped, Jun 2, 2010.

1. lol i tell ya what,, instead of me bashing greenhouse into the ground for there ability to suck the mind's of today's youth through there swirly straws...lol
    ok i cant say great thing's but i will speak from my own experience...
    they are hype, strain hunters? reminds me of ghost hunters...ohhh:eek: what was that?:eek: did you here that..:eek:.a thumping on my k-nutz...lol
    hahaha
    ...there white widow is not really the true white widow in seed form, more like f1 or f2's bought from MR.Nice seed's(former owner of greenhouse)
    10 years ago greenhouse was unstoppable, then sold, and arjan bought it out and hired a curious george lookin kid to PR the seed bank with him..claiming to be WW holders and Malowi gold! not!..
    there seed's have bad rep's for low germ rate and hermies, but then again, a lot of folk's stress there females out and blame it on the seed...
    i have experienced low germ rate, but no hermies yet! crossing fingers that my trainwreck goes off without a hitch..
    so far its a beutifull strain but not done yet..
    i think the best way to find a seed you like..is to grow it yourself...
    f'k everyone elses opinion's on seed bank's and give it a go..
    thats the only true way to say, hey one company sux over the other..
    but i don't like the way greenhouse talks up there seed's..
    id try there trainwreck or the church...prob the best shit they got..
    imho..

2. Thanks for the info, very interesting!

I only ask because I am strongly considering picking up their Jack Herer ( I know 28 pounds for jack beans is unreal) and I am also considering picking up their super silver haze. My main motives were they have awesome prices.

Is Mr.Nice seeds the one with the good SSH? You think greenhouse has the same SSH? Sorry I know this if off topic, if I have anymore seed questions I will post it in its respective forum.

I am thinking about abandoning my Greenhouse seed plan and going with Western Winds(Kali Mist), cant remember the seedbank but it also had a affordable price tag.

3. #23 custom280Z, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
    anything from mr. nice is better than geenhouse..
    mr. nice is owned by neville, cretor of the original seed bank by traveling across the globe to find his strain's since the 60's...neville is one of the most trustworthy breeders ...anything from mr.nice is safe to grow imho..
    greenhouse seed's are cheap cause people are catching on to there hermies with fem's..i think i actually have a few trainwreck's trying to hermie as we speak, i'll have to wait a few day's to find out..lol
    but so far GHSC has not been a winner for me..

check female seed's...there about the same price, awesome genetic's, and they test grow each of there batches before release to the public..
    they run under 30$us for original breeders pack's..prob one of the best breeders for the money, them and mandala...they also have india landrace hybrid's of the highest quality for dirt cheap a 10 pack..

4. Dude, a little research goes a thousand miles! there are tons and tons of 'how to' guides on how to grow this stuff. Go do your research THEN come back and ask questions.

It'll really help you to get a really good understanding of how to grow, and then once you begin you will have a question or two, but you'll have hit the ground running and only have to solve one problem rather than a thousand.

Just realised this sounds like a lecture, its not, just a little hint on how best to get the green fingered knowledge that you need. In the absolute beginners section there's a few general how to guides in there which are awesome.

Good look with your grow! sounds like you've got a good setup there!

Fat E

5. Appreciate it E but I have researched it a fairly good amount (prob around 8 hours raw study time over the last few weeks plus the combined knowledge of all the dealers i know at my university) im looking more for a good set up to get that is A) COMPLETELY odor free and B) Not going to get me caught and is basically self sufficient/not DIY. I think I have my set up pretty much done. Im looking at:
    Secret Jardin DR120 Tent
    HTG Supply 400W HPS Grow light x 2
    MasterColor Ceramic Metal Halide 400 W Bulbs x 2
    C.A.P. OZN-Jr Ozone generator
    Big Foot Low Profile Hydroponic System (not 100% decided on the system but it seems sufficient)

After I get all that I just gotta random odds and ends to connect the ventilation and fans and install a carbon filters. Then its just buy seeds and get all my shit delivered in a non-sketchy way (neighbors ftw! lol jk), set it up, plant seeds, watch it grow!

Am I missing anything? Custom, I really valued your opinion if youre still reading this! So if you gave me your stamp of approval...or some more awesome advice I'd be honored! :D

6. i'm here man! i'm here ! lol haha:p:hello:

E is trying to focus ya thats all, means no ill vibes...

ya man! you picked a great ebb and flow system...i love the hydrofarm bigfoot system...it's fully self running, i model my system's around them basicly...same 2x 4 table as well..
    if it comes with pot's great! if not cool hydroponic's has 6" x 6" x 7"T square pot's with side slot's and net bottom's for only 1.50$ emily's garden pot's is what they are..i got mine in and was like damn!:eek: i can kick these down the street there so tuff..lol

lighting is great..that will jam the f'k out..

tent rock's too...
    my only prob wit hthis is the ozone gen..
    ozone can be harmfull to living thing's bro...it will concentrate and become harmfull if not properly vented to a crawlspace...they work great! but carbon filter's are the way to go..
    they have a 6" blower/filter combo online...a few companies sell them...i rec a hydrofarm 6" 400cfm blower for 100-120$...they are 5 year warranty, set up for fan control's if you want(optional) and really move some serious air bro...my 40 sqaure foot(apx 300 Cubic') tent compresses a little when that joker kick's on...lol
    prob the very best blower on the market for that price..

have you decided how you want to cool your room? intake wise? and were are you going to exhaust to?

7. i have to disagree here...i use 3 400 watters in a 40 square foot area...before that i was in a 32 square foot using only 2 x 400 watt's
    i grew over 7oz of afghan kush in 1 gal pot's bro...and 3 oz of LA woman to boot! all under 2 x 400watter's...;)
    and under 20 plant's in one gallon's! my ebb and flow table(same size as the bigfoot) holds 20! 20 1.5 gallon's so i'm gaining root space!
    800watts will do some serious growing.. lot's of folk's here have big grow's under 1 400watt...thats the problem, your trying to grow in 20 year old dwc technology and say it's the best...
    ever heard of the sea of green??
    thats ebb and flow homie...
    all those res system's with those 2-3 gallon bucket's..are basic ebb and flow..
    why?
    because they are efficient...
    a bubble bucket has to be drained and refilled on a pretty constant level..
    every time you change water you use nutes..so you end up using just as much nutes and water in the end than an entire table full of bud..seee what i'm saying?
    bubble bucket's are simmple, but who want's 8-9 airpump's running??
    when you could have 1..
    and one water pump..
    ebb and flow system's like the bigfoot are set and forget system's,, for a reason..there much much better...hands down..
    and growing multi plant's in a "sea of green" or 1 square meter yield's bigtime!
    uses less water on more plant's, not to mention nutes..wich can be very$$$ for good shit..

8. #28 custom280Z, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
    ther is also budslingers 12 oz 400 watt grow

9. i would get a bigger tent but two 400 watter's, side by side will work in that just right...those ceramic MH bulb's are going to make all the difference, most folks dont even know about them yet there so new to the market..;)

10. Custom. You are the man! Thanks so much for getting me going here! You gotta come to the SE and lemme show you what you helped me create! I'm aiming to start ordering parts prob in a month or two...maybe as late as august but you can bet ill be on here to keep everyone posted once I start! Hopefully I'll still be able to contact you then. Im thinking start growing late august/early sept and have a harvest by dec!

11. hell ya christmas bud!:hello: