Growing in my closet need to know if what i got will work....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gonjasmokn, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Ok i just wanted to say this site is probally the most helpfull outta all the sites i've been too........ - Anyway im growing again for my 4th time and i just got a new house, but i dont have much room. I get the little closet in the basement which is finished so insullation is quality. I reallly just want to know if i should use my 1000watt hps or my 450hps i really want to use the Grand watt because i havent used 1 yet i think it would make a HUGE differance in yield and growing time. The problem with this is my closet is'nt all that big and, that much light+ heat could pose a problem, so what are your opinions? i would say the closet is 3 by 5 and about 7 feet tall im going to grow Top44 and maybe Power Plant im thinkin i should just stick to Top44 due to the size of the closet i got some other questions, tho these are the biggies. Halaah back at me i would like to know what ya guys/gals have to say.:wave:

2. unfortunately i can't help you with the heat problem, but why don't you just put the 1000w in there for a day without any plants and check the temp with the door shut? You already have the lamps, just test it out. good luck with your grow

3. Hey Ganjasmoke,

Your area is plenty big for the 1000Wer. An easy way to figure out if your area is big enought, get you square feet of your grow room. In your case its 5X3 so 15sqaure ft. Now the recomended W/square ft is 50-80. Therefore your 15X70 = 1050. So your good to go to use the 1000Wer.

You do have to consider ventilation like u said however. Now an HPS light wont give off as much heat as MH but you still gota be careful and have air holes in your growroom to bring in fresh air, at the bottom of your grow room, and bring out the hot air from the top of your grow room. Some ppl will say bring in air from the top cause itll cool your light, but their wrong. all that will do is suck the cool fresh air out the bttom of the room which is where your plants are that they are the ones needing all the fresh air!..

anyway keep posting and ill continue to follow this thread. This is my first post here since my last site, hempcultivation was just shut down...dam thats two in the past year...first overgrow then hempcultivation....this one better not shut down anytime soon sinse im startin a grow of my own soon and would love some help!!

take it easy