Growing in High Humidity?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by socksandcrocks, Jul 7, 2015.

1. I am new to this forum, so please excuse any mistakes I very possibly have made. I was curious and decided to start getting into growing. I could grow in my basement easily, but I'm scared there's not enough humidity or general heat for the plant to survive. So, I decided to go with the complete opposite, and grow in my attic. It's very hot and humid, and I figure it would be perfect for growing. I plan on only growing 1 or 2 plants for sake of simplicity, and I was wondering, can conditions be too humid for cannabis to grow? I also live in the upstairs, so that should make it easier to check on my plant(s) regularly. Any past experiences someone may have had in similar conditions or any insight/tips on growing in high humidity would be much appreciated. I am also on a tight budget, so humidifiers are most likely not possible.

2. High humidity is fine in the early stages of the plants, but when they are flowering you don't want it too humid because it can give mold.

[​IMG]

Source: http://www.growweedeasy.com/humidity

3. Now keep in mind that this is all relative to bud size. Big dense commercial operation buds.. sure high humidity is a problem. But I'm willing to bet if your temps are correct then humidity won't be an issue. If it is leading to mold, consider smaller pots, more plants with smaller buds.

My guess is if your worried about humidity its not a factor you can control.