Growing in an apartment.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheFallofTroy, Dec 6, 2010.

1. I plan on getting my own place come next fall. My main concern is the landlord inspecting my place. Is this a viable concern? Also, what else should I be worried about?

2. venting w/o cutting any holes in the building, gettin rid of old medium, smell, exhuast/intake noise, heat (during the winter when your not running an a/c in the house), and yes you should be worried about your landlord possibly stopping by, and maintenance men stopping by.

if you custom build your cab(s) you gotta worry bout making too much noise during construction.

im sure theres other shit i missed.

3. Where there is a will there is a way my friend. Just make sure you can lock whatever room your OP is going to be in wheather closet or spare bed.

4. A good buffer that gives you a least 24hr heads up is to change the locks.

5. You definitely have a valid concern. Landlords can come in on 24 hours notice and in a wide variety of situation on no notice at all. Even if you have 24 hours notice, what will you do with your plants and how will you move them in and out without anyone seeing? You also have people living much closer to you than if you were in a house, so you would need zero-tolerance odor control. You also are restricted in ability to achieve proper ventilation because you can't cut holes in walls, ceilings and floors and even if you did you may not have access to the outside, to the attic, the crawl space, etc. In addition, because apartments are smaller than houses, your electrical use for the grow has a greater chance of making your overall usage look suspicious.

Personally I would not grow in an apartment. While I know you want to grow, my advice is to wait until you have your own secure place.

6. You can pull it off, its just gonna cost some $ for the stealth equipment. Get a grow tent and a mountain air carbon filter to ensure there is absolutely no smell, sunleaves carries the windtunnel fan which is the quietest fan you can buy. throw a sheet or blanket or something over your tent to do your best to make it blend in. obviously dont buy a huge tent. Hopefully with the windtunnel fan you won't hear much iin the way of ventilation. You could always put a fish tank with a filter running near the tent to cover up any noise. anyway man its very do-able you just need to be creative and make it blend so that somone glancing in the room for a min won't notice.

7. #7 TheFallofTroy, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010

Awesome post, thanks. I'm not dead set on an apartment, but there's no way in hell i'll ever be able to afford a house, nor would I want to ever have a house. I assume same rules would apply to renting a house in terms of landlord being able to search?

And what about mobile homes/trailers? This place is easily affordable (even though it probably won't be available next fall) http://scranton.craigslist.org/apa/2073663521.html My only concern with a place like this is having enough power to run the operation.

8. I use live in an apartment my landlord is pretty chill they haven't been in my place a single time and I been here over a year now and I have the only attic access in the building and I vent through there my advice is to find an apartment complex that's privately owned one that doesn't even do a background income or credit check I have a really nice place and they didn't check shit I handed em my money and moved in if u do it this way chances are the maintance man is the manager/landlord and they realy don't give a damn what u do matter of fact I think my landlords grow too I've only seen the laundry room one time and they have about 12 closets in there all with locks its kinda noisy and rumor has it that's what they do lol