growing in a rental home

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by organicdan, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Im in michigan im a legal card holder i just moved into a new rental house and want to continue growing...of course i dont want to ask the landlord if its cool...they do a 120 day inspection to make sure we are not dirt balls. Im planning on running 4 clones before that and then continuing after the inspection. What are the laws around rentals? The lease said no illegal manufacturing but im legal so am i safe?

2. I'd just ask. If your landlord says no, I try and convince you know? I your legal anyways. but I'm not to sure on that law so I'd look it up first anyways

3. well if you already are renting, its a 50/50 risk and would depend on home owners approval.. or you could just make a setup thats easy to break down and move incase you get a 24 hr notice.. thats best option.. and get a good filter and ac unit and your all set! be careful.

4. Got to read the sates law.

5. Usually there's a clause in the contract/lease that mentions if they are mmj friendly. I would try to look info up before approaching them. But, honestly, since you are legal you have a constitutional right to privacy in your own home.

6. Just grow lots of plants like hot peppers and stuff see if he notices

7. I dont think they can legally search closets or other personal places. My buddy has his walk in closet and a bounce house fan in the roof for his exaust. he just did an 18 plant ebb and gro in there and had appraisers from a bank looking at his house as well as the owner because the owner almost lost the house. Well one day the appraiser just opened the door and my buddys wife almost shit herself. she kicked out the appraiser because they didn't have 24hour notice to come in and just cor comming in. Thats how you get shot! well the next day my friend called off work so he could be home when they came back. They were sorry and he let them in. they looked almost every where. They didn't look at the garage for to long or and huge cabinet. where he kept his grow supplies....rolls of mylar, etxra lights, schedule and plant food. All inside the cabinet. they looked in every room and didn't go into any of the closets. No one really needs to go into a closet for shit during any type of inspection. That type of inspection would be like to make sure sinks are not leaking and other shit like that. Most of the places I have lived did some kind of inspection and they have been in my place for less then 30 min. I have grown in the last 4 places I have lived in and have had no problems.

Asking the land lord for permission just might be a way to get evicted or unable to renew the lease after the contract is up. I would want to know how many plants you are going to grow or for that matter how big of an opperation, If you can fit your grow in a closet, Great. If you can plan the light cycle so that no one ever sees the light thats cool too. Are you handy with dry wall, sand paper and paint? if you are then just vent that shit into your attic if you can. If you cant then you shouldent have to worry to much because you can just shut off the exaust fan when he comes. After all when lights are off you dont really need that much going on in terms of fans and exaust fans. And you live in Michigan and shouldent have to worry about temp issues. So if you can plan lights off during the times people would come over the better off you will be. Hell give him a time to come over so that its convenient for you!

good luck homie

8. Thank you all for the kind words and motivation. I am just going to run 4 plants then tear it all down when he comes.

9. sounds good to me

10. Yeah i should be totally done and in jars by the time they come through...after that ill be going full steam.