Growing In a Closet

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tiptopfunnyman, Oct 29, 2007.

1. At the moment I plan to grow in my closet. I have nosy parents so this will be a challenge. My plan is to grow one plant (hoping the plant is a female) and clone it. It is winter where I currently live, so I will be growing them all winter, and using clones for when spring hits.

The set up I will have is the following: (I will post pictures later)

I will have a cardboard box lined with tin foil and a light (fluorescent) mounted overhead. I will have a fan blowing continuously on the plant. The boxes sides will be cut and reattached with string so that there are gaps between the sides for ventilation.

I will have a separate light and box for the clones.

Any suggestions would be nice, seeing how I am a novice grower.

One question though:
    Can I make clones without a rooting hormone, meaning, can they create roots on their own?

I also plan to use a black light periodically, with hopes that it will help.

2. hey guy. I'd do a little more reading before you start growing. Carboard box + tin foil + light = fire. Plus, your parents will cetch you.

3. Well Ive done tons of research and Im sure I barely know a thing. In hindsight I guess cardboard is bad, I orginally planned to do it with wood. As for the parents thing, I was hoping for suggestions to minimize the risk, if I get caught, it wont be that bad, but still, I want to try and avoid it.

4. I just wouldn't grow without your parents permission.

It will be obvious for them, I gaurentee, unless you get a PC box and build a really good carbon filter for it. They will know.

maybe you should tell them you like it and want to grow it yourself so you know its safe. You know how to get rid of the smell and hid the light!

5. I could do that, but my parents dont agree with that type of thing. I was thinking about doing it in the attic, since I have the only attic access in my room. I can hid the smell easy and the light wont be a problem. I have a few concerns about the dark periods but that will come into play when they are ready to bud. Im sorta just asking for suggestions such as how to set up an inexpensive grow box, other ways to hid smell, etc.

On a seperate note, I like feed back, the only thing I ask is that no one call me an idiot (not saying that anyone has or will). I have done research and have a fair amount of intelligence, but I always think its better to hear it from the horses mouth.