Growing from seed question, need advice

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Krskunky, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Hi everyone, I have a few questions and would appreciate your help greatly.
    I have grown outdoors but I am starting my first indoor grow today. I am using a 6 site DWC with a 400 watt hps/mh
    In a grow tent. I am starting from seeds I got from attitude.
    Here is my plan and please tell me if this will work. I plan on starting the seeds directly in the dwc. I soaked the 1" inch rockwool cubes and put it in the net pot with hydroton clay. I filled the water in the dwc just up to the bottom of the rockwool cubes. I am going to put the seeds right into the rockwool in the dwc. Will this work? Or will I have to germinate the seeds first.
    I would rather do it my way if it will work so the seeds will start right from their final growing place. Please let me know if this will work

2. All help will be greatly appreciated

3. you will have more success if you use the paper towel method... then once they snap you point the tap root down....

I like to put them in a small dish with a very small cfl light over it... they don't need much lighting for the first few days... why waste electricity?

then once the rockwool is rooted i drop that in the dwc...

but you method might work, but you might not have some germinate if your doing more than one.... so its easier on a larger scale with timing if you know all are germinated rather than guessing....

4. I put my seeds into a 1 inch, damp rockwool cube and throw em under a 23w cfl in my bathroom till the sprout. Then I let em get a few roots poking out, then I move em to the buckets under the big light.

5. Thanks guys. I was just trying to maybe try and eliminate having to move em around and just start right in the dwc, but it sounds like that might not be the best way to do it so I will take your advice. Thank you