Growing for the First Time...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HaRdBone, Apr 2, 2009.

1. #1 HaRdBone, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
    OK, here's the plan... this summer I want to start growing my own stuff, not for profit, but just for personal use. I've never grown before and I have absolutely no idea what I'm getting into. What I was thinking about doing is buying the grow kit from this site for € 21.00 because it seems pretty fool-proof and I won't be out that much even if it goes bad. I'd like some opinions though. Like, has anyone ever tried the products from this site? Is this marijuweed gonna be any good, quality wise? Is there a better way to go about this? All suggestions and opinions are welcome.

Edit: I've decided not to go with the grow kit. Just to clarify, I will be growing outside as soon as it warms up (probably near the end of May). I'm still going to grow from seed, so if anyone has any recommendations, maybe for sites they have purchased their seeds from, that would be much appreciated.

2. #2 cantharis, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
    The grow kit sold here is basically a seed tray and cover, with some unspecified soil, despite all the hype about how magic it is, I would wager it is only peat and ´forest product´.
    The seeds again are some unspecified ´outdoor mix´ - WTF is that?? Bagseed? If they don´t tell you why not?
    I would recommend you spend your cash on something that you KNOW what you are getting.

3. So, do you have any recommendations on what seeds/equipment I should invest in? I'm looking for something that's going to be straight forward and relatively easy to handle, as I've never attempted this before.

4. Hey hard, ive asked around on GC for the same reason you have so i figured id fill you in on what ive have come across so far..

Although up front its sort of pricey it pretty much has what you need to get going and it is a very reasonable price for the quality of product, also it is what i am going to order in the next couple of weeks for my first grow as well:: http://htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=50815

aside from that, i would then start to figure out your grow space.

-cheef

5. Thanks, but I should have been more clear, I'm planning on growing outdoors this summer.