Growing during winter with supplemental lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Sofreshsoclean710, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Can I make it happen? I live in California. I'm planning on building a 10x10 green house and using supplemental lighting when it gets dark to keep the plants in veg until I decide to flower since there is only 11 hours of daylight outside. I will be also controlling the temps by using a heater in the green house. I plan to start clones in November and harvest by Jan-Feb.

Does my supplemental lighting need to be strong or just enough to keep the plants awake?

Would the plants possibly reveg during flower?

Would there be enough sunlight/hoursduring winter to get some good bud with nice yields?

Any input would be appreciated!

2. There are many factors involved. Temperature, your growing environment, type of lighting. I know people that do light depredation in the early spring March April through the summer in green houses and do well. But they tell me that there is not enough of the sun spectrum during the winter months to get quality bud even with Gavita HPS and MH.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yup, Mahmo is right.

Every year I start seeds in Nov and throw them in my greenhouses. About 50% of the time they die due to frost, and the other 50% I harvest and turn strait into oil. The quality is never high, yields are always low, but it's fun.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Damn bro atleast u give it a shot! Did u use any supplemental lights?

5. Yea, just some 9 watt LED's. I have one 20 amp circuit, which I will also hook a heater up to when it's close to freezing. However, one little heater doesn't do much. I have a 12x50 greenhouse that I use for winter crops, so it's a little too big for a small little heater.