Growing Beef

Discussion in 'General' started by ArnoldShortman, Aug 5, 2013.

1. #1 ArnoldShortman, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    Pretty cool imo.

2. #2 Sparkwolf, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    If it had the same taste, texture, and protein content as traditional beef then I'd eat it. Otherwise I'm a predictor I have no moral qualms with eating animals.

I wouldn't sacrifice my enjoyment for their sake.

3. For some reason I thought this had something to do with a penis

Sent from my Typewriter using Grasscity forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. They don't give a shit about world hunger. They care about money. If we gave this to starving kids and africa and shit I bet they'd die shortly after. 

5. I would prefer to save the stem cells for creating body parts we need. Not to save the world from climate change, which won't affect us that much in our lifetime.
    As for feeding the world I am sure that there is a cheaper way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. This is stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maybe because you're secretly gay.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. So last night didn't matter?

Sent from my Typewriter using Grasscity forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. They made this with stem cells from a cow, not a human, unless you want a cow arm then im pretty sure saving these stem cells wont help you.

• Like Like x 4
  10. It's repulsive to me. I want nothing to do with meat grown in a lab. Enough shit goes into the stuff we eat and I'm aware of that but at least it came from an animal, not stem cells from the animal then some process that makes beef.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ive been a vegetarian for 7 years, no meat has passed my lips since i decided to go veggie (other than my husband ;)  ) I dont know if I would be able to eat this or not, How many animals died in the research for this?? Its a weird thing to think about as far as animal welfare.

12. I think its a good idea and should get more funding by governments around the world. This could solve the world hunger problem.

13. meat grown in a lab....wtf....nasty.  i wouldnever.  gross.  oh god i'm getting the heeby jeebies

• Like Like x 2
  14. Two things, 1. as was already mentioned different stem cells. 2. The whole "make it the next generation's problem" idea is fucked.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The op said that the biopsy for the cows was harmless. I cant actually tell you if it was or not because clearly i wasnt there but i wouldnt think that animals died because of this.

They probably put the animal under with an anasthetic or even just local anasthesia to take the small tissue sample from them. Likely no harm done, but thats up to the individual to decide if thats causing harm. I personally dont see it as any more harmful than taking blood

16. Thats cool! I would try it then. I definitely liked the taste of meat, I just had too much guilt eating it knowing that the animal had to live a horrible life then die for my taste. I wonder if they will try steak! I would eat the shit out of some death free steak!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fuck that...I just hope these fucks stick with greasy old burgers and don't decide to start fucking around with my steaks!

18. NOOO!!! xD 

19. You dont have to eat it!!! but i want to try it. I wonder if this will be the next big thing in the vegetarian food world!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maybe this will eventually end the process of "farming" animals. Im not talking in our lifetime. Maybe 150 years from now but this could turn huge. Cows could just become natural animals in the wild like bears and deer. If they can perfect the taste, texture, and appearance of this than i dont see why people should be opposed to it unless they add chemicals and shit that makes it dangerous