Growing and cloning a small marijuana plant

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Long White Cloud, Oct 28, 2013.

1. #1 Long White Cloud, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
    This plant was given to me at little over a month old. Whoever was in charge of watering was overdoing it, the plant was a droopy elongated stalk with a few tiny leaves at the top. I saved it from drowning, and over the last few weeks I've learned a little about what it needs as I'm a complete newbie. However, during my learning phases with incorrect lighting, the plant has grown healthily but slowly. Lately I've been able to give it some sunlight which has sped up the growth. I usually trim the side leaves once the newest two are of a size to take in light, which is why it's only growing at the top.

If you can see where there are stalks out the side, you will understand how much stalk growth there was for each new leaves. Too much. This was a problem with the lightbulb having to be far away due to heat. I've switched to one cfl and another led light that has been growing it alone before now.

My questions;
    Can a marijuana plant be trained, purposely or non purposely, to grow as a smaller version?

Can a marijuana plant be grown at the small scale and still harvested? I'd like the plant to be quite small but shrub like.

Would it be possible to take cuttings from such a plant?
    image.jpg

To be clear the ties I have on it are a very soft material and since they've been there the growth has increased