Growing AK-47

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CrackaSmoka, Nov 20, 2005.

1. I am ordering AK-47 seeds off the internet. I was wondering what would be the ideal setup for this strain. I was wondering how much light, water, ferilizer, type of soil, ventilation, and a timeline of when i would need to start harvesting and the best way to harvest. Thanks

2. Hardly matters what strain it is... Any strain will basically be the same setups..

ok.. well lighting, depends on how many plants you want..

i'd say 1-4 plants use a 400watt HPS, 4-10 plants use a 600watt hps, and of course if you have money why not a 1000wat hps.

soil? any type WILL work, im not too sure.

ventilation.. well you should always have a fan blowing in oscillation (back and fourth) to strengthen stem growth.. this will sway them back and forth and generally produce more bud.

if you're using soil you don't need nutrients but its something nice..

how long till harvest? well you germ seeds for about 1-2 (sometimes 3) days, plant em and veg em.. vegging is pretty long, which you also have to have the lights on either 24/7, or about 18 hours out of the day. then when it switches to flowering, have the lights on 12 hours a day and off 12 hours a day.. you can buy a timer at any store almost so you dont have to turn them off

someone could help better answer the timeline.. im not too sure how long plants should veg, and im not sure of how long AK47 should flower.

3. You can veg for as short or long as you want. The longer you veg, the bigger your final plant will be and the more bud you'll have.

As for how long under flowering, well, that varies from strain to strain and even plant to plant, but in general when a little over half the white hairs have turned reddish brown then it's time to harvest. Since AK47 is an indica, you can expect 7-8 weeks of flowering at least.