Growing a "small" plant.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by VigCS, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Hi guys,

I've never grown and always wanted to try it. I have some bagseed I'd love to try using it to grow a plant indoors, but I don't have a lot of room (and I'd like to be able to hide it easily).

Is it possibly to grow a small plant? When I say small I mean maybe a 1 to 1.5' tall. A small yield of buds is fine...I just wanna try it.

Can you use the same method you would with a Bonsai tree and just trim it to keep it from growing up and out?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but it is the beginners forum. :p

Thanks!

2. #2 Malt Me, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2009
    If you want to keep it small and fairly stealthy I would look into A PC case grow with CFL's...its what I'm planning on doing!

Just search the forums!

EDIT: here's a link to help you get started...I recommend looking into people's sigs and reading up on some journals.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/467595-pc-growers-club-journal.html

2nd edit: here's a good example of what you're gonna be looking for:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/472644-pc-grow-lr2-lots-pics.html

3. should just put it on 12/12 flowering almost from the start, should keep it short, and prune it so its bushy =p

4. Thanks for the replies...I have an old Apple G3 lying around that I may try to use for just that purpose :).

5. Check the thread at the top of this forum on LST Low Stress Training.

When you say 1-1.5 ft height, is that the height of the plant from the top of the soil or are you including the pot? If you are including the pot forget it, you possibly could do such a grow but you would yield hardly anything. That height from the top of the soil is absolutely possible, again check out LST.

Why the need to keep it so stealthy and small?

6. I'm talking from the soil to the top of the plant. I need to keep it stealthy because I'm a last-semester college student still living under my parent's roof. My dad wouldn't really care but my stepmom would (hell, my dad would want to help me probably). I should really just wait until I get my own place, haha.

7. "should really just wait until I get my own place"

Thats your best bet. I feel like the time/money issue would outway the yeild.

8. I agree with these guys, although money may out weigh yield, it will still be a fun learning experience.

9. #9 LBH, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
    Either way, you don't have permission, bad idea.