growing a bonsai indoors?

Discussion in 'General' started by highon, Jan 15, 2011.

1. im thinking about getting a bonsai soon but i know jack shit about them. it's cool to keep them indoors at all times right? id really just like any information about growing a bonsai indoors please, thank you :smoke:

2. a cannabis bonsai plant? or a normal one?

3. haha a normal one for now but if all goes well i might grow a cannabis one down the road

4. come on man, no help with this?

5. i dont see why not. as long as it gets all the light and nutrients it needs. what do you plan on using for substrate?

6. umm stupid quiestion but whats subsrate? and also bonsias are just normal seeds they just stay small cus of the confines of the pot right? or am i stupid?

7. im no bonsai expert but a know a good deal about plants (mostly aquatics and aroids) but i think its the species of plant that actually stays that small. dont quote me on that.

Substrate is basically soil. im just used to calling it that.

will you be putting this together yourself or buying the whole package? if your not too sure what to do, i would suggest join a bonsai forum. may sound corny but ive found the best way to gain knowledge on something is to join a forum and communicate with people.

8. You have to give it some light no matter what. Windowsill or overhead light, just something.

Just water mostly, very small amounts on occasion but really it depends on how quickly the rootball and soil dry. Some bonsai's when you buy them have wicks set into the soil to help you see if watering is needed but its a touch/feel and weight thing mostly. Nutrients should be given in small doses and rarely.

Pruning is a must. Clear anything that dies and after it sheds it leaves or experiences "seasons" reshape it and keep it neat and tidy. Some time later you may have to re-pot it and trim the roots back to send it back to a dwarf status.