Growing 1 plant need lighting help (Fluoro)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by UniXelation, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Ok, for now I have some grow bulb on the light until I buy some fluoros. For one plant, what kind of fluoro lighting should i go for? A single shop light, a couple CFLs, both, what?

2. Depends mainly on your budget/grow space...I'll break it down a bit for you:

CFLs- Great since they are cheap, easy to find, can be placed in a standard socket, very
    small and don't give off too much heat. For 1 plant, 1 23-45watt CFL would work
    but after that time you will need atleast 2 to keep the plant going well. I find if you
    put these in a hand held work light with reflector the work great. Also great for
    additional lighting, btw use warm white for flowering and cool blue or daylights for
    veg. also the sides of the CFL procude the most light so remember that for
    mounting.

Floro Tubes- If you have the space I would use them over CFLs, you can usually find
    them in 2 foot-8 foot lengths. these are great if you have the room they can
    be hung from chains for easy adjustment later and well with 2 tubes they'll
    last you for the whole grow (though for flowering they will work but aren't
    the best).

Work Light- Not sure but i've only ever seen one floro work light that had 2 13 watt u
    shaped floro tubes, if you can find one like that (or a high pressure sodium
    bulb, which i have never seen). those will work well for ya.
    HPS- if you can afford it go for a high pressure sodium light...these are used alot for
    security and outdoor flood lights. for one plant anything from 75 watts to well 1000
    would work but again these are pricey and required a ballast as well as a good fan
    to keep em cool.

hope that helps.
    Vokal

3. Could I use a GE Dichro-Color 150W Floodlight? I have 2 -- 1 emits a blue light (for vegging) -- 1 emits red light (for flowering). Would this be a possibility along with a CFL?

4. I believe those dichroics are Halogen lights, in which case they will be useless for growing.. so don't use them...

5. Yeah as spliff said they are halogen so they are usless to u for growing.