Growing 1-2 plant for recreational use

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by greenjade, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Is it possible to just grow just one to two plants in home for personal use? If so what do I need to do?

2. Start out by researching all you can on growing!

Figure out your resources and space you have.

Then research more.

Read everything you can.

Welcome to GC!

3. Ok. I guess what I really want to know is it possible to grow a plant at home by a southern window and is it necessary to have the right ratio of fertilizers to do this? What other maintenance is required for a successful plant? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

4. Read the stickies in the general indoor forum and the beginners forum. Figure out your budget. Right down the questions you have left. Use the 'search' function on the forums. Any remaining questions make a thread.

Good luck! Remember, this is the fun part. Then comes the long careful process of caring and growing. Then comes the REALLY FUN PART when you harvest.

5. You'll need a lot more light than what comes through the window to grow a healthy plant. I recommend Kamel's CFL guide to start.

6. Put it this way - growing bud is NOT like growing a house plant on a window sill.

Yes - you need to invest time, money, effort to produce something anyone would wanna put in their pipe.

7. Window sill grows do not work, as a general rule. MJ is NOT a houseplant.

8. Bummer!! :( i really do not want to buy any artificial lighting to do this. Do you think it would be too obvious to grow a couple of plants on a porch w/o any accessible view from my neighbors? Would the plant thrive outdoors in the container and in this environment?

9. What environment?
    Yes outdoor grows work, they take longer generally, and it depends on how much sunlight and what quality of sunlight, temperature and climate etc.
    Best buds in the world are grown outside places like Afghanistan and Thailand (according the Marijuana Man it's because of UVB light those locations get a lot of)

10. Pretty good stuff outside here in Spain as well. About the same latitude as Afghanistan.

11. Outdoor growing is fine, but you need to be 110% sure it cannot be discovered. Think not just of neighbors but also of utility meter readers, termite inspectors, phone and cable repairmen, helicopters, etc.

12. ....and to add - keep in mind they REEK when they are flowering. I'm not talking like a good smelling bag of bud - I mean eye watering/teeth itching kinda fuckin' reeking.

So go for the porch idea only if you live, oh I dunno, 10-15miles from your nearest neighbor.

However, just compare for a minute : How much effort/risk/craziness are you going through to buy your bud? I dunno, seems to me getting a few lights, some water and chemicals all shipped to you - welp, seems a tad easier to me than findin' the drug man.

13. Thank you, you all have made very good points and suggestions that are very helpful. I think I will go ahead and find a closet space for this project. Buying a couple of lights and fertilizers shouldn't be to difficult.