Growin In and Clonin' Need HELP

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jasonh420, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Yeah I cloned a cutting from my plant last Night and I read a article on cloning the other yet i was messed up:hello: when i did it and forgot some steps? Nothing Major really you tell me.

First I cut one of the The Internodes leaving the stem on my cutting about 5-6 IN. and first thing i forgot to cut at a angle i just straight cut it.

Then I Took the cutting put it on a paper towel and and got out this rooting Hormone i bought from Rural King. I took the stem dipped i in the powder about 3/4 a inch and tapped off the excess.

After that I put some potting soil and full a 3/4 or 1 gallon container. smoothed it out and made a small hole and gently set the cutting in the soil without removing it from the stem I guide i just read said to dip the cutting in water and then the Rooting Hormone i never done that alltho i watered it after planting it.

I took the plant inside in my closet with 2 50w grow lights i sprayed the leaves w/water through the night and only few times woke up the next morning that my clone was very droopy and the leaves slightly curled under!:(

What did i do wrong?? Im not even sure if it is trying to grow really i might just be dying from the moment i cut it i dought i overwatered it i dunno

Someone help!

2. the leaves of clones droop and curl the 24 hrs after taking it many times. This is normal as long as the clones recover from this state. Don't worry too much, you haven't screwed up anything yet. Just be careful not to overwater the soil cuz the stem will rot instead of root. GL

3. Ya i haven't watered Since its been 19 hours or so tho im keepin a eye on it. I used Rootone Rooting Hormone w/ Fungicide What you use? and How much Light Should i use 24/24? That was i got it on now well i might turn it off if i see signs of life in it. Are you still supose to 12/12 Since its Flowering????

4. I keep my veg room on 20 on 4 off. When you say 24/24 do you mean the light is always on? Clones definitely want be be in veg stage so stay away from 12/12 but I don't think they like having the lights on non stop either. As for hormone, I don't use any when rooting in water. I made myself a cloner with a rubbermaid container, sum air stones an pumps and cut holes in the lid to insert the neoprene inserts. The stems are submerged in the bubbling water and they root in 7-10 days. A few days ago, I made my first cuttings where I am trying to root them in soil. I spray them twice a day and keep a humifity dome on them. The water I gave them had clonex rooting solution and a drop of super thrive. I'm hoping they root cuz I haven't rooted in dirt with MJ before.