Growers: How much weight you think I'll get? (CFL/Power Plant)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mr.NiceGuy, Jan 22, 2010.

1. #1 Mr.NiceGuy, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
    I know its really hard to estimate weight especially without pictures, but i'm going to give you all the information you should need to guess.

Growing in a bathroom shower

1 Power Plant - Dutch Passion fem
    360 Watts of actual CFL - Top Lighting - 2 65watt 2700k, 2 65watt 6500k, Side lighting -4 26watt 2700k
    20,8000 lumenas
    3.5 gal pot

I know common knowledge is 100watts per plant but because i'm using cfls and i wanted to use a lot so i can get denser buds (I read cfls cause fluffy nugs) will the extra wattage/lumeans help?
    I have not used any advanced techniques like LST, FIM.

Nutes are Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Cal/Mag, Superthrive,
    Tap water

If you need anymore info just ask.

Thanks a lot.

2. Dude it's like virtually impossible to predict how much you're going to get off your plant. We don't know things like if the plants been stressed or how tall you're vegging it. The only way to know is to grow it and weigh it, then you'll know for next time. :) maybe post some pics when the thing is almost mature then we can guess :)

3. At .25g per watt you'll end up with about 2 oz(ballpark), but you're going to have to veg them pretty big to get 2 oz with cfls off 1 plant.

4. Sorry your right i forgot to tell you veg time.

I've vegged for 5 weeks. until 12 inches tall

Started flowering 10 days after putting the lights to 12/12

Been a week now into flowering - has grown 16 inches since switched to 12/12 (typical stretch)

there has been no significant stresses on the plant its green and healthy.

5. why didnt you just use 400 watts of hps ?

your electric bill would be virtually the same only you would have about 30,000 more lumens !!!

.. i think the cfls will work fine.. dont get me wrong.. but they will be the reason your yeild is only as heavy as it is..

6. didt grow up to 16 inches tall or did it add 16 inches to the other 12?

7. The reason i didn't use a 400watt hps was because of money issues, but i do have a 400watt hps light and hood now just need to get the ballast.

It added 16inches to the 12 as of today the plant is 28inches gaining 16inches since put on 12/12.

8. whoa shit i have some at a foot maybye ill throw one into 12/12 with 2X250w hps. does switch to flowering typically stimulate that much growth? sorry im a nub and was just wondering

9. This would be correct based on initial readings. Then the next post down said you vegged to 12" tall. Veg to 24-30 next time.

You'll be lucky to pull 1-2 OZ's.

10. The cfl's, small pots and using only certain nutes but not all, are going to limit your harvest. 1 plant, roughly an ounce provided it remains healthy. This is usually the stage where problems begin, folks learn the importance of a ph pen the hard way or develop mold or gnats or whatever. Provided all stays well, the plant might give you 1 to 1.5z dry

11. Your total from both plants will be exactly 1.786.456.678 oz

.:D

Big Hig

12. LOL. i know exactly whatya mean LBH, i did! got one now tho, and its made life a 1000x easier!

13. Well I also have a Ph meter, the soil is currently 6.8.

Why is not using big bloom going to hurt my yield?
    Dont grow big and tiger bloom have the same nuts?

Thanks for everyones input.

I guess you all answered the way i thought. I didn't think i would be getting 3 oz all though i was hoping that might happen. But realistically the CFL's are going to be the factor that hurts my yield the most.

Here are some pics from my phone below:... I hoped i posted them right.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Eh man, I'mma have to say maybe an oz?