Grower27's Funky Growbox Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Grower27, Jul 27, 2007.

1. I asked GG about my soil, showed him a picture, and he said Forget about it... "You can grow in ROCKS with the correct nutes"... And I'm a firm disciple of GG's advice. ;)

My average PH is 6.5

The soil I'm using is called "Supersoil". It's the only sterilized soil I could find at the time. I wish I would have started in something different, but oh well, too late.

2. GG is right you can grow in rocks, but the point I was trying to get at is that a better soil will have better water and nutrition retention then a more barkey soil, and a much greater water retention than rocks. Having a better soil keeps you watering less often.

3. Yeah, I understand.
    I just hate to mess with them any more... I'm hoping for the best. I'll eventually transplant into bigger pots, like I said... I'll use a better soil mix and perlite then.

BTW- that led light setup is bizarre. It's cool... But does it work?
    It looks like a lot of hard work... I like the zig-zag of the lights on the sides of the box. lol

4. [​IMG]

Well, not much change... Just watered them for the first time in days. Funny, the one on the right is now doing better than the left one, even though it was smaller in the beginning. And they're both the same strain. :confused: Oh, and they're both LST'd massively...So much for 'not messing with them' lol.

5. This is my first LED system so it will definitely be an experiment but from what I have been observing they have been giving my plant an adequate supply of light to keep it growing. My next update in my grow journal will be in a few days I am going to run on just LED's for a few days to see how it grows.

6. Any updated pics? I anxious to see how your LST is going. BTW I finally got my gnat problem under control. LOl about my other thread, they finally closed it. People got crazy about it didn't they? lol

7. [​IMG]

Only 4 days later. Fertilized them for the 2nd time today...
    The plant on the left is dying, even though it was the best at first... I dunno why, and I can't ask GG on here anymore... :( I guess it's just gonna die.

8. It doesn't look like it is dying...but, it does look like it is having some problems. Looks a little fert burned. Have you checked the ph levels of your soil? I have always had a hard time keeping my ph in check. It seems to be the root of all the problems I have ever had. Maybe you should not LST for a little bit and let it recover a little. But, there is green growth, so it is not dead. Is any part of the stem damaged from the LST? The soil could be the problem, without any perlite or anything, it could be too thick. However, moving them now would be a bit tricky w/ the LST going on. But, it could be done. But, it is definately not dead!

9. Today- The 24th
    [​IMG]

10. Looking better, don't you think?:)

11. Did you give up?

12. Nah, I got banned because I had issues with that 420freedme guy. I decided to get out of here for awhile, now I see he's gone, so things are back to normal.
    The mods here need to really get a clue. They should have banned that idiot on his first day.

Anyway, my plants are budding nicely now. ..With a big thanks to Ganja Guerilla. :)

13. glad to see your back, and the plants are doing well:D

how many of us got banned over that guy, hes still pullin the same crap over at another board, hes about to get banned there too

edit: post a recent pic of the grow

14. Cool, post an updated pic!