Grow1, type; K.C. Brains Brasil!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by hemibigblack, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Hello all,
    legalmarijuanadispensary.com has been almost impossible to deal with as far as uploading photos, so I am moving here! I am about two weeks in and have had less then desirable results in germination alone. I'm only 3 of 10 when using the method posted here! My strongest is the one I am posting pics of as the other two are 1-2 weeks behind. The #2 as I call it just broke soil today, well just barely, it is turtleheading haha. I am not using nutrients or ph balance as for the soil is only registered (from store) at 5.3ph, so I figure any spikes can be dealt with easily.

Plant;

BRASIL x K.C.® (article NR. 3676) Regular € 15,- / 10 pcs. or Feminized € 30,- / 5pcs.
    (sativa)
    A plant, well suited for the indoor cultivation with a great production. The BRASIL x K.C.® has compact buds and a strong aroma The parents of this plant are MANGO VERMELHO from PARANAIBA BRASIL and K.C. 606.
    I am hoping to clone the hell out of this thing in the beginning and see what happens. Easy at first and then heavy as I get a full garden.

Soil;

GreenFields Natural & indoor/outdoor organic gardening soil. Worm casings, bat droppings and all that stuff is already included. This was hard on my first soiled seed but turned out to make it jump tall quickly.

Lighting;

CFL's and an accessory LED (full spectrum) 60W controlled lighting kit, four individual bars total. I know this is not the best setup but it is what I can afford as an out of work DAV.

[​IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG]

Moving along I am using 8 Bulbs total, 6 6500k and two 2700k bulbs, running 18/7. In addition I have a blue cfl party bulb and the LED strips (in blue) running 24/7 for the time being. Once or if I get to flowering I will put in the red party bulb and attach the LED's to a rack I made to evenly distribute their trivial rays!
    *I should note that I bought all my CFL lights at Big Lots @ $2 per 4 for the 2700k and $4 per 4 of the 6500K. Naturally I bought $40 worth of lights, don't judge. The LED's were just a left over thing I had but will run you $45-60 @ home depot, they are probably way cheaper online. Also that I added an extension cord for the extra lights and zip tied to fasten.

Ventilation;
    Just got a cyclonic fan from target, Honeywell (turbo model) moves 120qubic ft. Not bad I feel at $16 as an energy saving model. I have Charcoal filters setup on the inlet and outlet port of an ikea closet that I made (free from craigslist). I also have dessicant on the other side of those filters to remove any impurities that may come along and that won't be removed from the charcoal.

Room;
    Like I stated earlier it is an ikea portable closet from craigslist. Pretty sturdy though so I believe that they must have gotten the higher end model. Measurements are as follows 66" tall by 30" wide by 24" in depth. I have a bar in there to raise and lower my lights. The LEDs bracket's are nailed to the corners and pointed 45 degrees torwards center. They are pretty strong but then again they were meant to light an entertainment center. I have the front closed off by black film 6mm thickness (got at home depot for like $4). Just got some clips and nails and it seems pretty good. It's locked up and away so there isn't much need to be secretive.

All in all I know I am doing the more than I could or should as a first time grower though I didn't want to mess with clones and possible infestation. Nor did I want to not have exactly what I ordered only to be found out months later that my possible NL was really a green crack. I know the description says 150g's potential but honestly I'll be happy with one, lol. Actually I will be honest I hope it gets that far. My green thumb sucks but I am decent at computers and cars. I will start an album of pictures labeled grow, thanks for reading.

Here is "number two" and his turtlehead cousin, sorry they are not in order. Also for those curious these pictures were taken via phone, lol.
    Bye for now:wave:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/ledbars2.jpg/][​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG]

2. I'm back with some progress! So far all three have survived and I am okay with that! The first one is the smallest but the other two are coming along just fine! I am starting nutrients as well, Root Organics Players Pack. The nutrient pack even came with four extra items but was well worth it.

Just reading all your posts between waterings. Hope you enjoyed!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]