Grow Tents

Discussion in 'Security' started by Joshulas, Mar 30, 2013.

1. GrowLab GL80L Portable Grow Room

This will be my first grow, so I'm very skeptical of how well this tent will work to keep my grow off the radar. I will be using a very quiet fan, and a carbon filter. I've got my eye on a product called ONAblock.
    My question is, besides the required opening to feed, how well do these tents contain odor? Anyone have any experience with these tents? waste of money?
    I do not have the option of construction here.

2. I'm not Shur on that brand man but I have a secret jardin dr60 tent with a carbon filter and no smell leaks out , I think as long as u have the appropriate size carbon filter for ur space u should be good yo

TiG

3. I'm on my first grow as well- day 4 to be exact. I have a grow tent set up in my spare bedroom that is 2'x4'x5'. I ordered some seeds online through Nirvana and got them (just a shout out to them for delivering) 5 out of 5 germinated and so far 4 out of 5 have begun to sprout. I went with a T5 4' 6 bulb set up for lighting because I was afraid of heat and the electric bill. It basically covers the entire top of my tent. I'm not sure if this will be a problem once I get my inline fan and carbon filter in place because it will have to go above the lights (unless that's the norm with T5s) I have my inlines on the way and am using regular fans for heat reduction for now since there's no smell yet... Everyone keeps talking about how pungent the smell will become and that kind of freaks me out because I rent (but I'm a medicinal user so I'm within my rights to have a grow and to smoke) but I don't want my upstairs neighbor to have to smell it. Hopefully the Phat filter will work well. I'm getting a 6" inline fan and the 6"x16" carbon filter for my exhaust up top and an inline fan for intake on the bottom. Though I have no idea if having a fan for intake will allow smells to seep out or if the fact that the air will be blowing into the tent will be enough as long at it's sealed well. I don't know if this is overkill for the size of my tent but I don't want any smells. I also ordered some ona blocks to see how they work. But as far as smell goes, it seems to me you NEED a carbon scrubber if you are growing stealth. I may reenforce my tent with tape because it has some venting flaps on the bottom that I won't need once I get my fans going but I'm in the same boat with you. Super paranoid about the smell that will eventually be present and hoping for the best!

4. I'm on my first grow as well- day 4 to be exact. I have a grow tent set up in my spare bedroom that is 2'x4'x5'. I ordered some seeds online through Nirvana and got them (just a shout out to them for delivering) 5 out of 5 germinated and so far 4 out of 5 have begun to sprout.

I went with a T5 4' 6 bulb set up for lighting because I was afraid of heat and the electric bill. It basically covers the entire top of my tent. I'm not sure if this will be a problem once I get my inline fan and carbon filter in place because it will have to go above the lights (unless that's the norm with T5s) I have my inlines on the way and am using regular fans for heat reduction for now since there's no smell yet... Everyone keeps talking about how pungent the smell will become and that kind of freaks me out because I rent (but I'm a medicinal user so I'm within my rights to have a grow and to smoke) but I don't want my upstairs neighbor to have to smell it. Hopefully the Phat filter will work well. I'm getting a 6" inline fan and the 6"x16" carbon filter for my exhaust up top and an inline fan for intake on the bottom. Though I have no idea if having a fan for intake will allow smells to seep out or if the fact that the air will be blowing into the tent will be enough as long at it's sealed well. I don't know if this is overkill for the size of my tent but I don't want any smells. I also ordered some ona blocks to see how they work. But as far as smell goes, it seems to me you NEED a carbon scrubber if you are growing stealth.

I may reenforce my tent with tape because it has some venting flaps on the bottom that I won't need once I get my fans going but I'm in the same boat with you. Super paranoid about the smell that will eventually be present and hoping for the best!