Grow Tents and Darkrooms

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by gymshoes, Sep 2, 2009.

1. I plan on buying a grow tent this week.
    I will be using a 1K digital light system.

If anybody out there has had any experience with these things,
    i'd love to hear your comments and/or criticisms...

Thanks a lot,
    'shoes
    :wave:

2. Darkroom brand is built pretty solid, steel frame, reflective interior (pvc free) and mine didn't have any leaks.

3. I personally have a Homebox XL with a 1000w HPS Magnum 6" XXXL reflector in it. To keep it cool, outside the tent I have a portable AC with a Dayton blower hooked up to the fresh AC, blowing cool AC to the plants along with a 10" fan inside the tent. While I have a 6" can fan & filter above the reflector pushing air through the reflector which has (2) 6" Inline duct fans on each end of the reflector which eventually leads to the 6" exhaust hose out of the top of the tent.
    Doing all of this and my temps are barely able to be high 70s, mid 70s if its cool out.

1000w is tiny spaces get hot.

4. hi all, kinda new to this site... :wave:
    i'm also about to go tent shopping, and i keep running into ones that are non-toxic but have pvc floors. is that "water proof" floor really that important? or can ya do without it?

5. I hear good things about the Secret Jardin, and the GrowLab (growlab is a new product replacing homebox / darkroom, collaborative effort).

I have a growlab, and it kicks ass. Great zippers, full reflective interior. 100% pvc free. metal frame is very sturdry.

I just ordered a second GL, to upgrade my veg area :D

6. I value a waterproof floor. When I grew in soil it helped because I could just wipe up the runoff. Now that I use DWC it helps because I ALWAYS make a mess when changing my nutes. I also noticed two light leaks in my zipper on my darkroom. They werent there at first, I think it is from wear and tear. Anyone have any handy ideas to plug them?

7. If the leak is on the sides of the teeth you can use a silicone based black RTV sealant that stays pliable and adheres well. If its the teeth wearing out and causing gaps, I would fashion a 3-4" wide flap that covers the zipper on the outside and stitch/staple on one side and velcro on the other.

8. black RTV, you got it. Thanks man, my thinking was a little on the complex side.

9. Homebox's come with exactly what you just described and want.

10. i have the secret jardin. I love it best groowroom investment i everymade. Im sure growlab just as good