Grow tent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by XxTheZombiezx, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Yup, another grow tent post. Don't worry, It won't be which is the best. I've learned their really isn't such thing as the best. But what fits your NEEDS the best.
    So, what do I need out of a grow tent?
    -Good ventilation obviously, something with a decent amount of ports.
    -Built well, I don't want to end up with a (no offense) made in china break in a week grow tent. That's why im here asking questions.
    -Front windows(optional). I like the idea that you can look inside without actually opening the tent. I think it'd make it easier for checking the temp and looking at the flowers for signs of problems without needing to open the tent, but it's not necessary.
    -No bigger then 4x4. That's the space I have to work with.
    -light proofing. Obviously this is important. One of the most in my opinion expecially since their's someone in my room a lot. If not me, my brother. And he has the computer, tv, lights on during both day and night hours depending on when he decides to sleep(normally only nights on weekends as he's still a minor). So, light leaks is a big one for me. I'm sure it may not be much to consider, but I don't even want one pin hole amount of light from something outside getting in. Obviously were not that lucky all the time, but Basically, less light leaks the better.
    -Afordable(obviously). Really don't know a price range, because I don't know what's good and crap and what's pricy and what's not. So I'll wait till I get more info before I get an idea of what I'm willing to pay.
    -Able to fit a LST. Very important. I may be a new grower, but I need something that's strong enough to hold up a lst setup. I'm thinking something light though due to most tents being made of PVC for their foundation frame whatever you wanna call it. Maybe some type of chicken wire like everyone else uses. I believe deer wire was one I seen before. So, I guess you get the point. Or rope. It doesn't look as affective though.
    -Last but not least, Stealthy. I'm of a legal age to make my own discissions, but because of bastard father for ruining my credit... I'm stuck living at home with the rents for a while. So, obviously a huge tent in the corner of the room will raise questions. But, I'm talking like... Being able to hide the smell, something to where i can keep others out. Ever see them zipper locks? Would one work on a grow tent?

Pretty much I'm looking for the same thing as everyone else. Some advice, someone to point me in the right direction, and most of all opinions on tents. Please guys, don't just say, THIS TENT and post a link. Tell me your experiences with it. So, I can judge the tent better. You say you had a bit of a light leak through a port... Well, that'd be something I'd want to know about when choosing which tent to go with. Thanks guys. Sorry if I'm being a pain. Trying to be as informative about what I want as possible, without the usual noob "I need a grow tent, where do I buy one?" Also, shops! please recommend shops to me. I'm still on the search for reasonably priced ones for things I can't get at my local: Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware(I don't think we have many specialty garden places near by....).

2. Eh. Already looked. Didn't find anything too appealing. The big thing about those, Is I'd have to sit there and put all the air ports in, and make wire management holes. -.- it's pretty stressfull for such a small grow. Now if I had a whole room to myself. :D I'd go crazy and want to do everything myself to make sure I know how to fix everything.

3. I'm between Secret Jardin and Gorilla. Both from reading reviews are up there in quality for the price.

4. I run sun huts silvers because they are a little bigger and able to accept 4x4 drain tables. They can hold 20oz(dry) yields. That's pushing it though.(anything over that and I run into Pm and bud rot) And they have a full door front and back.

5. Just be careful, some are meant to be dark rooms like for film development, these are usually white inside. If its white inside make sure its not a PVC lining, I read somewhere that the PVC is not good for the plants it emits bad shit into the air and can kill plants.

6. Yeah, I used to shoot film. -.- Wish I would've known they made tents so you don't have to block out all light in your bathroom except 1 safe light just to process film.

7. So an update!

Grow tent

So, I'm looking at this grow tent. It's small, takes up less space, and probably less electricity. Does anyone know what size fans will fit in the ports? Also how much CFM i'll need? I figure I'll have an intake at the lower port. Then have an outtake run out the top since there's only 3 ports. My problem is, what type of light should I get? I see the ones with holes to run air through to cool them off, but do i need something like that for a small grow like this? I'm looking at 400w lamp.