Grow tent ventilation question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Madddhatter, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Hey everyone. I'm completely new to growing and I've got a few questions concerning the ventilation setup for my grow tent.

First question. I decided to go with the easy cool 6 for my reflector, and both a 400 watt HPS bulb and a 400 watt MH bulb for my lighting. I'm a little confused as to how I should vent the tube... Do I need to run 2 fans (intake and exhaust) or just one fan ( exhaust)?

Second question. The tent I went with is 39"x39"x79". I was thinking of just using 2 8" inline duct fans (500 CFM each). One intakes air from the bottom, the other exhausts out the top. Would this setup be sufficient in generating enough air flow throughout my tent?

Thanks!

2. Those would work but a single 4" high velocity fan would work. Duct fans also called booster fans will only hit thier max cfm rating when being used as a supplemental fan to a more powerfull fan. An 8" duct fan on its own might hit around 200cfm. Below is a link that would work on your size of tent and also take care of odor when plants start to smell.

Amazon.com: 4" x 8" Hydroponics Inline Duct Fan & Scrubber Carbon Air Filter Combo Kit: Home Improvement