Grow tent suggestions

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by legerity, Mar 21, 2015.

1. hello grasscity, first post
    I plan to buy a gorilla grow tent either 2' x 2.5' or 2 x 4. does anyone know how many plants I could put in each of these? I know that it varies from strain to strain and other variables but if anyone has any idea based off of experience any help would be great.
    Question 2: what will I need to buy aside from the grow tent to produce some high quality buds? I plan to grow hydroponics. first grow btw. Any insight anyone could provide in any of those questions is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. bump

3. one plant?

4. Yes, in that small of space you would do well to have a single killer grown, well trained plant. Otherwise you're going to have a cramped and unproductive room and increase the risk of pests

5. is your location safe and how much space do you have to work with

6. it also depends on what lighting your using

7. whats the height of the tent? you can fit 2 or even more with heavy lst and training, heck you can even trim the roots and bonsi that thing and fit 6 mini plants lmao (dont do this)....your best bet would be to scrog 1 big juicy plant or 2 ok sized plants....i did 2 plants in scrog in a 1' deep x 3' wide x 3' high...harvested just under 2 Oz

8. It's difficult to grow good buds from seeds in a small space. Unless you go with autos, you end up flowering plants before they're ready and don't get the full potential of the plants.

Growing from clones, you have all kinds of options with a small space. In a 2x4 space you could do a SOG with 24-32 clones at a time (with little or no veg time), or you could do 3-6 clones with a little bit of veg time.

9. the height is around 6 feet

10.  I am attempting 4 plants in a 2x4x5 tent...i dont see it being a problem but to test it all out i am starting with just 2 plants so i would suggest you try that or just start with 4 if from seed, 6 if clone

11. sounds good I'll start with 4 from seed. Do you know what I need to buy after I have the tent to grow hydroponics?

12. Check out the link in my signature of my posts it's my first time doing hydro and I went with dwc because of simplicity. I didn't realize beforehand it's just a bucket with water and a hose with a air pump on one side and an air stone on the other at the bottom of the bucket with water. Like the easiest way to explain it. Haven't started yet and still figuring out nutrients and ppm but I played around with my ph test kit last night and it was simple. I got everything from htgsupply and each order I placed came within a few days j highly recommend them