Grow tent size for a 6 plant DWC Scrog

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Durban_Guy, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Sup lads :)
    Ok ive been going through the threads all day now & cant find a solution to how big i should make my tent. My current box is way to big to use for a scrog of 6 plants. This is the 1st time im attempting a scrog. Strain is "The Church" and i wana flower 6 of my sexy clones and see what result i can produce out of scrogging. Each of these clones ive prepared for vegging sit in their own 4 gallon (20 litre) bucket & of course have their own air pump & airstones.

Being that the rule is minimum 1sqr foot (30cm) per plant, im thinking its possible to cuddle the buckets (each of roughly 30cm diameter) right next to each, like 3 rows of 2, right under the screen.

Few things i want:
    I want the screen i make to cover the whole area of the tent.
    I want to yield as much as i can of course :)
    and i want as many huge colas popping out the scrog as these 6 plants can possibly give me. :) I dont like millions of small shitty looking buds. I want my bud looking like korn, like i currently grow it.

So what size you guyz recommend? I was thinking roughly (1.2m x 0.9m x 2m) / (4ft x 3ft x 6.6ft)

Enviroment:
    While still vegging - 4 x 2' 18w floro's
    when flowering - 400w hps(maybe a few cfl's i got laying around if they even help that much?)
    hps has a homemade cooltube.

Any help would be fantastical :) Gota do it asap, cuz these sexy clones are growing faster and faster.

Cheerz

2. dude, you in Durban SA?
    :wave:

3. that depends :)

4. me too man! Lekker Lekker!!!

I see you have a cooltube. Where the hell do I find a glass tube without importing it at high costs in Sa? just can't find the things anywhere. I'm running a 400W HPS, my growroom stays at around 32 - 38 C, humidity at 30%.

Cheers

5. HAHA like whise. Cant find them anywhere here. :p Im using a motherf*cker size huricane glass tube. Those things for lantins or candles. Most people use them for hectic camping sites. So yeah its homemade :) Works pretty awesome. But now i need to get another one somewhere cuz of this grow tent im making.

6. cool man! Im rather new to the growing thing, so i can't really give you advise on your grow tent. any idea where i can find these lamp covers? ive seen them at mica etc, but its small ones.

I have an adjust a wing reflector, so attaching a tempered glass shield wont work, it should tear out of the aliminium.

if you can, please send pics of your cooltube, i would appreciate the help.

also as a point of interest, i have some seeds from my previous run (male Swazi pollinated female big bud). lets swop seeds if you want to. seeds from Holland is f@cking expensive.:eek:

7. ok kewl ill add the cooltube pics to my journal pics when i put them up. taking some pics on the weekend. :)
    yeah mica have the tiny ones. Can also try Makro or Game. Mine was given to me. If i remember aswell people with huge dining room tables use these tubes to put there bigass candles in them. Looks quite cool on a table, but better with a hps in it instead of a gay candle :)
    if you got a cooltube, u dont even need the wing. i got a semi-circle plate of white painted steel over the top of the glass tube. one side of the cooltube, i have an inlet fan blowing fresh air into the tube. it sits right between the glass enterance and the reflective ducting. The other side of the glass tube has ducting which bends to the top corner of the box and its left open with out any fan connected. its like that cuz it points right at my huge bathroom extractor fan i got up there. its blows 360cubic metres per hour. that simple :)

where you get your supplies from? i get from capetown, but its becoming a mission.

8. Oh & i dont have seeds at the moment. My last bunch i got was some female "Church" which is my newest strain i thought i would try. I sowed all 5 of them. Some how 2 went missing, they didnt grow for weeks at all so eventually dug them up and saw that they dissapear. I wish someone could tell me how that happens :) i got 2 of those seeds now as mother plants. Hope & Faith :) They grow too quick. I have a prob at the moment cuz Hope seems to like to grow into the floro's and keep damaging her leaves with the constant burning. Hurts to cut her down all the time, but i cant keep taking clones when she gets that big. No space :p
    Im keen to get some female white widow seeds soon tho....

9. i hear you! maybe take a lamp from one of those rich lanies! (LOL)

i get my stuff from CTN as well, Windell Hydroponics. You always have to wait a damn week, and pay through your ass for the transport.

i recently mixed my own organic grow medium, still checking it out performance wise, seems to be ok at htis stage.

what feeds do you use, and sprays for bugs? Fuckers!!! Something's chowing my plant, i sprayed pyrol, and it burnt the leaves!!!

10. lol Snap. i also use windell :p
    For seedlings i put in water with heater til they crack.
    Then i put in a block of rockwool. i dig out a nice hole from the rockwool and put in vermiculite. so the idea is for the seed to grow in vermiculite and by the time the root is strong enough, it reaches the rockwool and grows through there. I found the root has trouble growing through rockwool if its less than a week old.
    Nutrients i use the A+B mix from windell. And the matching flowering mix. Its just power and you mix it with 5 litres of water. From there, u can mix into your grow according to your desired ppm. It works perfectly hey. i would recommend it to anyone doing hydro.
    I dont use any bug spray, being a DWC system and inside my room, i dont get any bugs. i get the odd moth or 2 thats like the light when i leave the box open for some quick fresh air. Oh wait, the only bug it get is these strange looking worms. they look like super duper small worms of some sort. but i can notice them b4 they start real damage.
    I wont spray anything on my leaves except ph balanced water.

LOL. yeah all larnies got those on their tables :) i think u can actually get them from Mr Price Home. Go check them out :)

11. Will Do, Thanks. Do You Think They'll Handle The Heat?

I Grow In Soil, So I Guess There Might Be Pest Eggs In It. Thrips, Aphids And Spider Mytes, Bastards!!!

Do You Know Where To Buy Benificial Insects Like Lady Bugs And Praying Mantises? Pmantis Is Cool, Excellent Killer Of Pests. They Take No Prisoners (lol)!!

L8r

12. yeah im sure. if its meant to hold candles or lantins then its meant to hold flames. So i think the glass is tempered. Either way its pretty thick and mine seems decent. If you have it setup like mine, you wont have to worry about heat. I can touch the glass after the HPS has been on for the full 12 hours and i can just feel some warmth. The 2 foot floro's fittings give off more heat than my HPS in this cootube.

Geez no idea about the insect killers. lol Change to DWC or a bubbler. So much eaiser and grows alot faster. Bucket, airpump, and airstone and already you'll have a better grow :)

13. cool man, i gotta go now, we'll chat again l8r.
    have a good one!

Cheers

14. hey man i got a 4x4 tent thats in feet not meters and i had six plants in there takes up some space ifyou going to do DWC and have big plants and buds i would make the tent a four by six foot and use two 400 watt lamps