Grow tent poles

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sneak719, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Hey I have a new tent but I don't have the poles to go with it does anyone know where I can order them online at?? Please Help Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. From the company that made the tent.

3. #3 bananamber, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    Either contact the manufacturer or make your own with 3/4" PVC piping, maybe 1" depending on weight, elbows and some joint compound. Measure, cut, and connect.

4. I wouldnt make them from pvc. Id use metal or buy lumber and make them that way. Id use 2x2 (if you can get that. If not then 2x3) lumber. Lumber is cheap and easy to work with. Question, why didnt they come with.. Ps ive seen people use lumber and toss the poles out because lumber could stand more weight. I was thinking of switching to wood myself. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. [quote name="neonrio" post="19338115" timestamp="1389708592"]I wouldnt make them from pvc. Id use metal or buy lumber and make them that way. Id use 2x2 (if you can get that. If not then 2x3) lumber. Lumber is cheap and easy to work with. Question, why didnt they come with.. Ps ive seen people use lumber and toss the poles out because lumber could stand more weight. I was thinking of switching to wood myself. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]I had bought a tent before it was a 4x4 and was not aware that it was off gasing asnd killing off all my plants so my dispensery just gave me a new one to use to fix my problem but he couldn't find the poles for it it was supposed to be a 4x4 but its really a 3.5x3.5 so I have to either find a way to use the frame I already have or build a new oneSent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. [quote name="sneak719" post="19338410" timestamp="1389713537"]I had bought a tent before it was a 4x4 and was not aware that it was off gasing asnd killing off all my plants so my dispensery just gave me a new one to use to fix my problem but he couldn't find the poles for it it was supposed to be a 4x4 but its really a 3.5x3.5 so I have to either find a way to use the frame I already have or build a new oneSent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Ahh got ya. I wouldn't use pvc. It cant hold much weight. What do u plan on using. If you wanted to use pipe use something that is metalSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. [quote name="neonrio" post="19338601" timestamp="1389716063"]Ahh got ya. I wouldn't use pvc. It cant hold much weight. What do u plan on using. If you wanted to use pipe use something that is metalSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]I want to continue to use the steel but see I already have a frame I just need to adjust it I don't want to build a new one I have that 4x4 I think I should jist cut tjose poles what I think? Its only 5in to long and height wise it fitsSent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Will they still lock if you did that? I know I cant do that. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I was thinkin cutting the poles in the middle and gettin another steel pole and putting it inside where I cut it so when it bends the stell pole that I put inside won't let it give if that makes sense lol I can't cut the ends cuz the still have to lock inSent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Yea if you can find some good heavy pipe to fit in there might just work. I cant see why it wouldn't. Just make sure the dale stays in one spot insideSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Cut your frame down on the poles you got from tne last tent..... very easy man

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Get plastic ten corner peicescand cut the end of the poles glue into tent corner peices u buy at homedepot

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app