Grow tent in attic heat problems

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Fluorescence, May 4, 2013.

1. So my tent will be here any day now, and i plan to set it up in the attic.
    There is no other option than the attic.

The problem is the attic gets very hot in the summer, and summer is almost here. i live in cali.
    I have really good exhaust system for the tent, same or above what people recommend for my sized tent.

I was planning to set up a 400w ballast in it, and just make sure i don't grow in summers. But sometimes it get's as hot as a summers day in the other seasons.

Does the ballast auto shut off if it gets too hot, or would there be a problem? Thanks to my venting system, if i put my ballast inside the tent it should only get as hot as the air outside.

planning to get an iPower 400w ballast. Should i go with a T5 set up? I was going to get a cool tube if temps were too high. Would temps even be a problem? What about winter?

2. Attics are the absolute worst to grow in....a serious pain in the ass to get stuff in and out of and temps will be impossible to control without a huge AC in there, especially in cali.

3. ^ yup attics are terible. Heat issues in summer cold in winter. The only thing besides an ac I could reccomend is if your tent has an intake hole one the bottom find a source to bring cool fesh air in and hope for the best. That or an ac in the bottom of your tent will work the best.

4. If you have the cash I would go LED.

5. Hows that going to help when the attic itself probably gets in the 100s?