Grow tent + 2x 600w HPS Heat issues

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bpt90, Jul 11, 2012.

1. I have a 240x120x200 Grow tent situated in my attic. It has two 7" exhaust vents and one 6" intake vent. Temperature in the attic is usually around 20-25C, however with just one of the lights on the temperature in the tent can reach 35c. I currently have a 4" carbon filter and vents tt100 inline aswell as intake. I realise these are probably insufficent but would increasing the size of the fans alone solve the problem especially with both lights on? The only ventilation in the attic is a 3" shower room extractor fan that leads to the front of the house, that i have hooked up to the intake fan, however this only seems to blow a small amount of air into the tent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Is the intake fan faster than the exhaust? If so you're just blowing around all that heat.

I almost suggest no intake fan unless it's really sealed off, if you just have a powerful exhaust, you can use passive intake.

Are your lights vented? If not, get vented hoods or cool tubes, they help A LOT.

3. [quote name='"bpt90"']I have a 240x120x200 Grow tent situated in my attic. It has two 7" exhaust vents and one 6" intake vent. Temperature in the attic is usually around 20-25C, however with just one of the lights on the temperature in the tent can reach 35c. I currently have a 4" carbon filter and vents tt100 inline aswell as intake. I realise these are probably insufficent but would increasing the size of the fans alone solve the problem especially with both lights on? The only ventilation in the attic is a 3" shower room extractor fan that leads to the front of the house, that i have hooked up to the intake fan, however this only seems to blow a small amount of air into the tent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Try getting an ac hooked up in your attic to cool the rooms ambient temp. How many CFMs are your fans?

4. From your description it sounds like you do not vent your light separately. If this is true I would try that before adding expensive AC. Use a vented hood or a cool tube. Lots of guides on here on how to do it.