Grow room temperature

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NoBody99X, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Hello everyone.
    So, in my grow room the temperature is 35C/95F (minimum), and i think is too much hot.
    So what's the best temperature and how can i cool it down? I don't think fans is the best choice.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Optimal room temp is 78 degree F plus or minus 2/3 degrees with lights on. Whatever you have to do to maintain that go ahead and do. You can let the temp get up to about 82-84 max at the top of the canopy, hottest part of the day. Most small scale personal grow rooms under about 5x5 on flower are able to maintain this temp with nothing but a large exhaust fan of 400+ cfm or more blowing outside. If you don't have an exhaust fan blowing all the grow room air outside you'll have nothing but problems. If you get the temp to somehow maintain 78 you'll never get the humidity in range. You need to have rapid air changes also in the grow room for the plant to breathe.

Besides the large exhaust fan you'll need to control temps you also need circulating fans in the room to reduce moisture, mold, and strengthen stems. I like tower fans for this purpose. They oscillate without running into things and don't suck in leaves as much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've got a 12 inch fan in the roof of my wardrobe which Both takes air out and rustles the plants slightly and works great, doesn't shake them violently but just enough, and it pressurises the area so bugs can't get in through any cracks or openings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mid 80's is about as high as I'm willing to go without getting scared for damage. Got to get some ventilation in your space and pull that heat out if you don't want it to kill your plants. You need intake and outflow as well as air moving your plants around. They're a lot tougher than you think they are too. Good plant movement builds strength in the plant...like an exerciser. But definitely got to get the temp down or your plants will suffer big time. TWW