Grow room sketch + questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DevLotus, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Hey guys, I got a question. I'm makings two small rooms 4'x3.5'x7, sharing the divider wall. Can I make a box for my fan and filter, between rooms so it pulls from both sides? And using carbon furnace filters to make it light tight between rooms? And then carbon filters again for the passive intake on the door of each side? Anyone tried this? Forgive the napkin stech lol. 14868230909281801554953.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. your sketch is actually pretty good! looks like it could work if you have a powerful enough inline fan for the total amount of space. id also check to make sure those filters can handle the cfm from the fan, unless you dont care about the smell as much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Right on, thanks for the input!

4. what type of lighting are you planning on using?

5. I have a 200w CFL and a bunch of t5s for veg and a 400w led for the flower. So I'm not too worried about heat, just wanted to give the girls some fresh air

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sounds like there is plenty of room for lighting improvement. If your going through the effort of designing and building a dedicated grow room, then it just makes sense to have adequate lighting.

How many T5's do you have I.E.;
    How many fixtures at what length and number of bulbs?

What does your LED pull in actual wattage?

Is your LED full spectrum?

What is the actual wattage draw on the CFL?

Personally I don't count the CFL, but let's call it 40-50 watt draw. The LED is likely in the 150-190 watt draw range. Which could possibly get you by okay for your 4x3 veg. For your flower, if your serious and want great results I'd go with either a 600 watt HID or 2-3 full spectrum LEDs drawing at least 200 actual watts each. So realistically the way LEDs are marketed I'd go with 2-3 600 watt LEDs of your brand of choice. You get much more flexibility breaking up your LED watts across a couple panels due to their inherently poor spread.

7. Not sure how this thread turned from venting to lighting but thanks

8. Not sure how this thread turned from venting to lighting but thanks

9. Venting and lighting kinda go hand and hand but I think he was just trying to say if you're going to put the time, effort and money into building a grow room. You should think about lighting as well. When I first saw your sketch. I wasn't expecting you to use cfls either. If you don't have all of the cfls and hardware already I'd look into led or build a cob. You will be glad that you did when you see the yield. My first grow was years ago and I used cfls. I just jumped back into growing and used leds and there's a huge difference already.
    It's just something to keep in mind. It would suck to buy all the stuff from the cfls and switch to something else. Either way it's a learning experience

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I'm pretty new to this, so I started with CFLs, then graduated to an LED that I've been using in my tent. After a few crop outs I'd like to buy another LED so I can run them for both sides

11. Because you simply cannot neglect your lighting. It goes hand in hand with every other aspect. Simply trying to help you get set up for success and for highest yield and quality for your harvest. Noticed some deficiencies in your design and wanted to see you succeed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. When you build the room/rooms. You should take lots of pictures and keep us posted on the progress. I'd love to see the build progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum