Grow room setup in a tropical climate

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jaycol99, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Help. I have a 12ft by 6ft grow room in a very hot flimate. Can I just use my air con ( has compressor outside) to bring in fresh air. I'm not sure if it does. The problem is an intake fan will draw 30 degree high humidity air.

Anyone know the best system I can use.

2. If your AC is a mini-split, it probably just recirculates air. You could run the room sealed with co2 tanks and a dehumidifier, though you'd want to use LED's to keep the heat down.

• Like Like x 1
  3. In a sealed room temperature would hit over 35 closer to 40 degrees. I can have the Aircon on dry at set temp. So I should have air intake? Will cost in electric but it's cheap here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you don't run the room sealed, yes, you will need fresh air intake to supply the room with co2. It sounds like the humidity could be a problem, especially if the room is cooler than the outside air.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Outside average temps are 30 degrees inside the room without running Aircon is usually a few degrees hotter. So maybe I can pull the air in and then use the dry mode on my Aircon. I think it's trial and error. Later I will probably bhave to buy a dehumidifier for fliwering

6. ive never used it but theres a product called '' DAMP-RID '' they sell it in lowes....it removes moisture from the air,,,

7. I I fortunately Im in Thailand. I'm unable to source many western products. Maybe have to go with co2 enrichment if I can run it at temps of 35 degrees in a sealed. Problem again here is supply. I have seen large co2 cannisters for big aquarium not sure if that would work.