Grow Room Set-up Advice Needed. (Newbie)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by The-Budster, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Hi all,

I'm new here, new to growing too. Anyway I am very soon hoping to start growing. I live in a house with my girlfriend and just now trying to work out what my garden options are.:weed:

I have a Bedroom wardrobe with two sliding doors that seems my only option (image attached)

The Blue is where my clothes will be, Light green is grow area, Dark Green is a shelf (keep Inline fan there?) or can be removed to add height to overall grow area.

Now since it is my bedroom there are a few things that I need. I need it to be quiet; I need to be able to sleep-_- without thinking I am at London Heathrow airport:confused:. Smell is also a factor can clothes be kept in wardrobe beside grow tent; Will the Carbon filter keep smell in that tent?

I also have occasional visitors that like to look around (Family/Friends/Landlord!) so the noise has to be quiet enough that if they stood in the room they would not hear the noise from the cupboard (Is this possible?!)

Wardrobe door can be left open a little when nobody is expected to come round to help with ventilation.

My grow if you cannot tell yet needs to be stealthy , for me it is a huge factor for the peace of mind that if anyone was to walk in my front door I am not going to be a nervous wreck until they get out haha

My Budget is £200-£300.
    Dimensions of available grow area are ; 110cmx60cmx170cm / 3.6ft x 2ft x 5.5ft
    Dimensions of extended grow space (if worth it) are ; 110cmx60cmx230cm / 3.6ft x 2ft x 7.5ft

I was thinking of a grow tent (around 0.9x0.5x160) I seen this one here not sure if it is any good? (Please recommend any others UK)

I am just looking for some general pointers as I see a lot of "You won't know until you try" which I do totally understand but I just do not want to waste money and risk relationships/Freedom :eek:

Let me know if I have missed something, and thanks in advance to everyone!

P.S I am thinking of starting with auto's but anything with a good result is my aim

2. Seeing that you have a landlord I wouldn't do it. I don't know your landlord, but they probably have keys to your house, they can come in when you're not there.
    The fan that pulls the air through the filter makes enough noise that it will raise suspicion.

3. Would that still be the case if I told you the landlord was a family member that very rarely visits and when she does it is to fix something I have reported etc. I also would be told when they are coming round.

Could then fans be turned down/off for a few hours and keep a ONA gel nearby until they leave?

Thanks for the help it is appreciated!

4. Sorry I am new to this forum thing, not sure if you got an alert for my last message. Its above :). Thanks dude!

• Like Like x 1
  5. The fact that it's a family member helps, they probably don't want you in jail haha.
    I'm worried about my in laws hearing the fan, father in law is very observant, so I put a remote controlled contactor (on/off switch) which was for turning on Christmas lights on the fan plug, so if company is over and someone wants to walk around downstairs I can hit the button in my pocket and kill the fan, after that I think it would take some time for the smell to diffuse into the air where you will smell it, and if they smell it I'll just say I had a bong rip.
    I found a company in my country(Canada) that had kits, I got a tent, light, fan, timers and ducting in a single order.
    Good luck man

6. That remote controlled contractor switch sounds really cool! I will definitely being investing in one.

I am probably being more paranoid about this than I should be haha. I very rarely get visitors, and it's 99% on my arrangement lol. Better being safe than sorry I guess.

What do you think about my grow space/wardrobe do you think such a space can produce a decent yield (once dialled in of course)

Thanks again Bro!:love-m3j:

7. I think with good light and love you can make it work, I sized my tent based on what would fit in my closet, if only you could figure out a way to get a 2x4 tent in there, your dimensions don't quite work.

8. Yeah I wish I could have a bigger space, I do have another cupboard that would fit a 3x3 base tent with 140cm height but it houses the boiler so if that needed worked on by a plumber I would be a bit stuck if mid grow lol:eek:

Would a decent inline fan be much louder than say a desk fan?

:thankyou:

9. I almost always run a box fan in my bedroom, covers the noise from my closet (which really isn't much honestly) I worry more about purple lights from my led leaking out

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  10. It seems an inline fan sounds about the same as a desk fan, it's not the motor itself that makes so much noise, it's the fan blades cutting and moving the air.
    And if it is a plumber coming into the the grow space, there is a good chance he/she smokes weed haha, plumbers are pretty cool from all my experiences.
    Maybe scrap the tent idea since you have limiting dimensions and make the grow space white or reflective and as airtight as you can, with air intake and exhaust of course. White matte paint for the walls and a roll of tin tape (hvac tape) for the corners maybe? You might have to cut holes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah I was thinking of doing such a thing, maybe a little radio nearby or something too:rave-girl:

12. I'm in the UK so most plumbers I personally know would be fine but we are having a lot of negative propaganda so you never really know :/. I was really thinking of a tent as neither cupboard would be able to be that light/air tight. I will keep it in mind though as I haven't commited to any equipment yet

• Like Like x 1