grow room is carpet..any ideas on how utilize majority of room?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by oddpuertorican, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Hello everyone,

I am planning to start a new grow in a few weeks.  I have about 15 seeds leftover from the attitude that I haven't gotten around to use over the past year.  I was planning on putting Panda film down over the carpet and completely seal the room.  Do you guys think that woultd be efficient enough or do you think I should just go ahead and buy a grow tent?  thanks

2. that would work its pretty thick..they also have different thicknesses of plastic sheeting if you want something even thicker

3. Thanks I really appreciate that I didn't even know they had different size thickness

4. I would built a box out of 2 x 4s and tack in thick painters tarp first 

5. Mold is a big issue here.  Now keep in mind, my flower room is carpet.  But the best thing to do whether you go tent or no tent, is to rip out the carpet.  If that is not possible I would lay at least 6mil plastic down over the carpet, then tack to the baseboards.  Place a layer of beach towels, Then lay your Panda film down.  This gives you 2 layers before the carpet.  And believe me when you spill water on a covered carpet, (I don't care how good you do it) it WILL get to the carpet.  If you do it this way it will feel quite squishy but if it ever leaks, the towels will give you enough time to rip up, before any water hits the carpet.

I learned the hard way, then tried this, then just said FUCK, I will pay the deposit for a messed up carpet. Your choice.

6. Carpet can easily be removed and stored in the garage. Take a set of pliers and start pulling the carpet out, beginning from a corner. The padding under it is also easily removed and can be stored in the garage.

7. #7 AugustWest, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    my growroom is all carpet too..

i put pond liner down wall to wall.

works great.

don't have any great pics of it.. but you can kind of see the idea i guess.

View attachment 132544

View attachment 132363

8. I have carpet it my closet. I just doubled up a 3 mil 15x25 sheet of some painters plastic and rolled the ends up to make it fit. It catches all my runoff that comes out of the trays and evaporates and none hits the carpet at all. If the plastic gets folded and water gets under it it will get mold and mildew between it. I just changed my plastic out the other day because it was slimey in one spot.