Grow room has carpet - advice needed

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by HazePhase, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Bam, you are right there my man. I might fuck up all the time but you gotta try to keep them happy.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1387325/

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I ran into this scenario a few years back. tried a pond liner. you really want to have a solid surface underneath so it is not constantly moving. any moisture will get trapped down there and start to mold. we ended up cutting the carpet right at the door way where it is the most narrow. rolled it up nice and tight and hung it from the ceiling in the corner of the room. It took an hour to take up and an hour to put back down. get some carpet tape and an iron and you can not tell. it was most likely cut there when installed in the first place. this will insure the carpet doesn't get stained or moldy. super easy to pull up and put back down. its really only attached at the perimeter of the room and its more of a friction bond. not nailed or screwed.

3. Do you think I would be better off not laying anything down or laying something down over top to block the dust.
    I doubt i will spill anything and not doing hydro at moment.

PVC Pond Liner, Large | Canadian Tire
    This is a cheap option for putting something down compared to most places.

4. the more people talk the more I am thinking about laying down some plywood over top of carpet and then laying down the tarp
    Cutler Group White Hardboard 1/8 x 4 x 8 | The Home Depot Canada
    Do you think this would work as it's really cheap and would only need two pieces pretty much.
    The thing is i Have a vent in this room i can't cover as well I just noticed where the cold air comes up....

How bad is carpet .... I mean will i get a lot of dust?

5. I am not on carpet but I went to a local Big Box Hardware Store and got a linoleum remnant very cheap. Nice rock floor pattern. ;) Its been in use for 3 years.

6. Yeah I'm going to use the liner over my carpet for this grow and see how it goes.
    Worst case Im willing to tear it down and rebuild with something solid over carpet.
    Don't see it being an issue I have a gorilla tent so can catch a lot of water etc
    :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Ingenious! :hello:

• Like Like x 1
  8. 6 mil poly vapour barrier
    Comes in 10' x50' rolls
    $30.00
    Slippery as fuck though!
    You can use the remaining piece on a hill as a slip n' slide when ur all baked.