Grow room has carpet - advice needed

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by HazePhase, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Hey Peeps,

The only place I have room for a grow is upstairs in my spare bedroom which has carpet.
    I am running 2 - tents (currently have one set up) which is a 5x5 and a closet on 2x4.

Everything is carpet in this room and what I was thinking of doing is laying down pond liner in the room with about 6 inch of lip on each side going up the wall. This way keeps dust and what not under and keep nutes and water off my carpet.
    Since I have a door that opens inward to get into the room I am going to have to make a 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 frame to go around the door with some wood (open to suggestions please) so that i can open the door but still be able to have a 6inch lip to catch any water.

The tents i have are Gorilla tents so they hold tons of water and I am currently doing soil but may switch to hydro - I just wanted to ensure no issues with my carpet and I don't want to have to lay down plywood first.

I was hoping to get some feedback from peeps.
    14x10 is the size I need and I was thinking of getting it from:
    Premium Grade RPE Pond Liner

I would assume for what I am using it for the 24mil would be enough - they also have stronger ones 30 and 40mil but this is already 3x stronger than EPDM liners.

Hoping to get some help and comments - thank you!

2. I'm confused... You have tents but you're worried about carpet?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kiddie pool

• Like Like x 3
  4. i can't have any tiny stain on the carpet at all.
    I will be carrying different nutes in and out.
    My tent is jammed packed so I won't have a ton of room to mix stuff in and will still have to carry around and if i spill or ruin carpet i will get killed LOL (wife - lucky i got this far LOL)

Also i heard it's good to cover up carpet but that isn't the main goal I am doing it.
    Here are the dimension I am getting below in the attachment. I will be building the frame around that darker square which is the area the door opens, rest will have tarp :)

Attached Files:

5. Kiddie pool?

• Like Like x 1
  6. My tents in my bedroom, I've never had a problem with anything spilling on the carpet. If anything, I'd just toss a rug down if you wanna be safe.

7. People had me all paranoid how if anything drips or leaks or spills that it will create bacteria and that it could ruin the carpet.
    Accidents can happen so i thought it was a good idea.

I would love to keep it simple but I don't want to kick myself in the ass lol

8. I think you'll be kicking yourself if you spend money on something nearly none of us ever use. But peace of mind could be worth the cost if you're too concerned about it. In my opinion, if you spill anything, just clean it up and you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Overthinking it .... I have bedroom grows ... ZERO ISSUE and carpet.

image.jpg

During my BLURPLE phase .... I woke up since then. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just a thought for inside the tent

11. [QUOTE="HazePhase, post: 23326027, member: 992829" if i spill or ruin carpet i will get killed [/QUOTE]

AH FUCKIN BITCHES DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIER OWN MINDS!!!! They take away your freedom and happiness. All for pussy. Fuck that shit i do as i damn well please, lest i be posting stuff like this on GC :(

12. Well we all look at our woman differently :)
    I love that woman and it's our house so I respect that but we all have our own methods and ways.

Just trying to be careful with the carpet is all but after talking to peeps maybe ill just be extra careful considering I have the Gorilla Grow so I can spill tons of water in there no issue.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Hey man, I've grown in multiple different houses where the bedrooms had carpet. Lay a tarp down. Get one that is over sized so it comes up the walls 6 inches to a foot. You won't have any issues

follow my current grow! stop by and say high :D
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1432363/

14. You should be good with pond liner bud. Home Depot stocks it in the garden dept. If you're stressing it working, can't go wrong with the thickest you can get. It'll cost a little more, but peace of mind is worth more than a fortune in gold.

15. Understood. But I make the decisions when it comes to weed. You worried about the carpet? I'll tear it up, get new carpet when i'm done growing. Now STFU about the carpet and hand me that bag of soil.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Does it match the drapes?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Haze', I built my rooms with the clear intent and expectation that I would be sloppin' all sorts of shit on the floor. Linoleum, no carpet...

I can't say for sure, but I think pond liner in the thicknesses that you're thinking of is going to cost more than it's worth. I think a nice thick tarp with 4'-5' clearance around your tent access doors should provide more than ample "splash room" for you to do anything that you need to without worrying about gettin' stuff on the carpet. As long as everything (liquid containers coming into the room) is closed up tight between the door and the tent, you should be golden.

What's more, in the event of some "horrible spill", steam cleaners don't cost that much to rent and they work wonders...

Goin' hydro? Whaaaaat? :(

jk/

• Like Like x 1