Grow Room Design Question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SpaceProbe, Dec 17, 2008.

1. #1 SpaceProbe, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008
    Hi, this question has probably been posted and debated ad infinitum already, so I welcome any links to the appropriate posts if you know them.

I have a 19 day old plant which I put into flowering two days ago (following the steps I found in Grow 8 Ounces of Bud for Less, from SeeMoreBuds). It is thick, stout, and bushy and I am growing it under a setup of 8 CFLs. I want to take two clones in five (5) days (on the 24th day of growing the mango). What would be the most efficient and least energy-consuming way to grow the clones? I calculate my mango will take 70 days to reach maturity. If I place the clones in a small box (?) and put them under a CFL 24/7, they would take about 14 days (?) to begin vegetative growth after rooting. But then my main setup with my mango plant is still on a 12/12 photoperiod for another 30 days, so I would need to build a brand new setup to have a 24/7 photoperiod? That would be very inefficient and expensive.

Is building an entirely new light setup the only way to grow flowering plants AND clones/vegetative plants at the same time?

I read about storing clones in a refrigerator for up to three weeks: that would coincide with the clones beginning their vegetative stage at around the time my main mango reaches maturity (24 days cloning date + 21 days storage + 14 days rerooting = 59 days), and I could then place them under my main setup at 24/7 after harvesting my main mango without the cost of building an entire new setup (of which I have no clue where I would place!).

Any advice or suggestions warmly welcome.

Thanks for reading me!

SpaceProbe

2. You could add some veg. spectrum CFL's for the clones and just keep those lights on a 24/0 or 18/6 light cycle and move the flowering plant into a dark closet or something every 12hours.

Kind of a pain since you would have to keep moving the flowering plant back and forth but then you wouldn't need two seperate light setups on two different schedules.

3. I really don't think that you would have any other option but to make another section if you want to grow veg clone and flower at the same time. Unless you do like the above post (which would be a pain as he stated) Sounds like you need an autoflower strain .