Grow room design help wanted

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by yamon2008, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Hi guys
    I am totally new to growing and want advice on room set up. I live in a rural area and have an outbuilding which I intend to use. There is electricity available and enough space to do practically anything I want. I intend to build in a corner where I will have 2 outside walls ... I will not have to penetrate either of these for ventilation ... this I can do in the rooms other two sides. Height can be up to 8ft.

• I don't want to exceed about 2000 watts total electrical usage (lights, fans etc)
    • I want to maximise the amount of product (max no of plants)
    • I want to have a veg room as part of the set up
    • I intend to use a home made hydroponic system
    • I want to keep setup costs to a minimum
    Questions:

• Anyone got a design they could advise?
    • What sort of return could I expect? (know first grow will probably not yield max. due to inexperience)
    Help anyone!

2. design it yourself, spend some time in the room that you want to use and start to materialize what you want to construct in your head.

you need an intake, perhaps from outside, then an exhaust to vent your lights and room...

3. I am a first time grower as well, just joined the site a few min ago actually. I would make some sort of draft of how you want everything set up, graph paper would be best. You will first need to plan on how big you want your rooms, and decided exactly where you need to build dividing walls. make sure you keep in mind that you need electric and vents in each room and also enough space to walk around comfortably (this was my mistake, i made my room perfect for my plants, but i can barely walk around without bumping into things).

Also start making a materials list, i can't tell you how many times ive gone to the store because i forgot something, untill i started making shopping lists.

4. Thanks guys. Have now started building the basic space. It's 6ft 6" x 6ft 0" and 8ft high. Have been reading and looking at Youtube concerning vertical grows .... anyone tried it?