grow room - Can I improve much?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Clidefr0g, Apr 3, 2012.

1. #1 Clidefr0g, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
    I wana know before i build everything if i should change or improve anything.

Starting off the space will be approximately 18L 6W and 8H in feet.

Veg space 6x6x8

Mothers/Clones/Cloner - 400w MH and some T5's for noob clones
    Exhaust fan will be approx 300 cfm
    TBH, the main part i havnt figured out yet is the best way to grow my clones to make transplants easy.

Bloom space 12x6x8

3x1000 W HPS - Badass balasts/hortilux bulbs/sealed reflectors with 300cfm fan cooling

600 CFM exhaust pulling through can filter and out / Intake will be by negative pressure since the ambient temperature is fairly low around the room and it will pull cold air in.

I plan on running a 3000PSI CO2 tank on an electronic solenoid with perforated tubes that i can wrap around my plants, which should make my CO2 last longer and essentially eliminating the need for a constant PPM rating since it is concentrated on the plants at all times. Timer will probably run for 5-10 mins per hour unless someone can give me better directions. This was sorta my own idea so i cant find any info on it.

EDIT: I was just screwing with ideas in my head, i bet it would be far better to turn the CO2 on say once every 30 seconds for 4 seconds

This is the growing system i was planning on using UCRDWC, Home made of course. Im looking for recommendations on airpump/airstone that is better than an aquarium one since ive heard that there are some high quality air diffusers that are just on a whole different level than aquarium shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biAd-mgnXjQ]Under Current.MP4 - YouTube[/ame]

Ill probably use 5 or 8 gallon pots, i am slightly concerned that i wont have enough root space in a 5 gallon pot. I want to run hydroton, would a rockwool cube still be the best option for cloning and then transplanting into hydroton buckets?

I was planning on running with AN nutes, but i havent been able to track down a "winning" formula yet. Does anyone know about how many nutes its gonna take for this system? shit is damn expensive but ive heard its worth it!

Im sure ive forgotten lots of shit, just ask. When i get all setup my first grow with this will be black queen by HGS.

2. That's legit hahah.