Grow Room and Venting Hood help/question, picture

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by purple4, May 9, 2011.

1. I have a tent thats 4'x3'x8' (aprox), and i am not really getting the most out of it. I now planning on laying down my tent, and using a hood to get closer to the plants and do more of a scrog setup.

Will leaving one side of the hood open work well?

[​IMG]

If you need any more info please ask. I only have one 6" fan and I believe its 355 or 455 cfm (can't remeber right now). Any advice at all? I live in the bay area so temps don't get too extreme.

2. That looks like it would work just fine. That's how I have mine set up. :smoke:

3. That's close to how I've got one of mine set up as well. It's the cheaper way to go, using one fan for all circulation. There should really be a fan blowing on the plants as well. Enough airflow to make the plants shake a little will better manage heat and will also encourage thicker stems for holding large buds. An oscillating fan can work well for this.

You can also step up again from that design in the future. Connecting the open end of the lamp to a duct leading outside the grow area will prevent cooling the lamp with air heated by the lamp. This design requires a second fan to circulate the grow area air, which can also be used to blow on the plants.