Grow Question for First timer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Scubasteve420, Jun 27, 2007.

1. so ive decided to start growing in my closet for the first time. its a pretty big walk in closet that i don't use (for some reason they built two large closets in my room). What all would i need to get started on growing in my closet. Also how strong is the smell when the plant starts to get bigger?

2. Read the guides and stickies, and do searches, tons of info in here.

3. your setup will depend on what kind of grow you attempt(soil/hydro) either way, you will need lights. I suggest just a few cfl's until you get the hang of it. then as the plant reaches different stages, you will have to adjust your lighting. you will need an intake and exhaust fan, thermometer and a decent ph meter. if you have carpet in your closet, you will want to change it to a hard floor for cleanup and safety purposes. smell will be a big factor in your success as it is a sure way to get caught if not controlled. if you are like me, I always smell my bag when purchasing so you can only imagine your bag in a larger quantity and fresh. that being said, its gonna stink! there is a good thread for an ona odor neutralizer setup which is good or you can use a carbon filter on your exhaust. that gives you some idea of what you are looking forward to but I would definitely suggest some extensive research and make sure your setup is ready before you germinate any seeds. good luck to ya!

4. Tons and tons of miracle grow products only! Mix your nutes at triple strength! Lights on for 4 hrs a day!