Grow Location??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by xerxes25, May 4, 2008.

1. Ok, so I'm currently in college, however we have 3 10 week quarters instead of trimesters, so my only chance to grow is over the summer. My summer goes from June 15- Sept. 5. I'm not confident in my indoor growing abilities (this will be my first grow), so I was thinking about planting some outdoor seeds and letting nature do its thing.

SO here's my issue: We have a short summer break, and I read the harvest time in WI is in October. This would mean that in order to harvest by the end of Aug., I would have to cover the plants to force 12/12. My other option is to plant some seeds here at school (hidden of course) before I leave and come back in the fall to harvest. The drawback here is that I won't be able to care for the plants throughout summer.

Assuming that these sites are equal in every other way, and the possibility of people finding the plants is nill, which route should I take? Bear in mind too, that I'll probably be spending lots of time at work and growing 'Shrooms in the summer...

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks

2. I am actually in the exact same boat!

Ive decided to do both! Im currently germing 41 seeds for a grow 10 mins from my school. gonna start em and raise em the best I can but after day 10 I have to go home so hopefully some will live. gonna come back around sexing time to pull males/ plant more seeds if the others died.

for my local grow Im going to try to build an autoflower tent and squeeze in a harvest before I leave for school (late august). i dont know how well this will work because Im not goin out there with a tent everyday for 2 months and money is kinda tight for a field solar cell and winch + frame etc

3. If I had to pick one I would force-flower them. So youll have more willey nelson.

4. Yeah im in the same situation. I need to finish by the end of August though. I may start forcing flowering June 1.

5. Autoflowering strains are the answer to your problems guys. Not the potency lacking lowryders but the new Hybrids out by Lowlife. Check them out at http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?category=Lowlife+Seeds
    I am doing an outdoor grow and i need them to finish early so i ordered some auto Lemon Skunk and Auto Hindu Kush from lowlife and Diesel Ryder from lowryder seeds. They take any where from 10-12 weeks from seed to harvest.

6. Dude, totally thanks... How are those guys as far ash shipping to the USA? Does customs get all bitchy an take them? I don't wanna drop $63 some odd dollars and not get the seeds...