Grow lights!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by TNhomegrown, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Alright guys as of now my plant is about a week and a half old... made a little boo boo starting off but fixed my problem. New growth looks great. I’m using 2 100watt cfl and will add more as she grows. But my question is this... I bought a bestva 1000watt grow light that I’ll use once the plant is around a month or older... will it work for veg and flower stages or will I need to buy another one for flower? Light cycle is 18/6 now and once later down the road it’ll go to 12/12 for flower. IMG_2196.JPG pic of my little one

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. My answer is, what is your goal? LED's are good in veg, and decent in flower. I bought CMH lights about two years ago as well as some HLG LED's. I have a similar light to the one you are using as well. The best light out of all of them is my CMH light. It grows the best plants. You do not need to buy another light though. That LED you have will grow in both stages. How well is a completely different discussion.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Well for what im going for not a whole whole lot. Just a decent yield.

4. That LED will provide you with a decent yield, and if you come into a few bucks look into a CMH light - any one is fine. It's what all the professional growers are using.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Do they put off a lot of heat?

6. My 550 Horticulture Lighting Group LED puts off more heat than it. It's about average on the heat scale. It would probably be about the same heat as that one you have now.

7. Sounds like a deal, I’ll do a little digging on them and may purchase once I’m ready to flower!

8. I keep mine at about 28 - 30 inches with a fan blowing between the canopy. This is the result. Heat will cook your trichomes.

E017FED5-9CDA-48CB-B707-4FA98B337BDA.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice buds!!! Believe it or not this is my first complete official grow. 2 years I grew outside and we had a few wonders of people so we had to toss them, but my plan is to grow some decent bud

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cool, you'll do great. Are you doing the NO TILL soil recipe from the No-Till Revisited post? Just trying to get a base of understanding of what you are doing so I can help you along your way.

11. Yes I believe that’s what im doing. This is what I used
    Peat moss
    Perlite
    Blood and bone meal
    Bat Guano
    Alfalfa meal
    EWC
    Organic potting soil

12. Don't sweat it this run but start to pull together these materials for your next soil.

Close but read page 1's opening statement from MOFO
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Base soil mix:

1:1:1: CSPM (Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss) : Pumice/Lava rock : Compost - Malibus B/U is an excellent choice if it is available in your area.

Amended per cuF with:

1/2 - 1 cup Neem or Karanja
    1/2 - 1 cup Kelp
    1/2 - 1 cup Crab/Crustacean meal
    1 cup MBP (Malted Barley Powder)

1/2 cup Gypsum (nice sulphur source)
    4-6 cups Basalt
    6-8 cups Biochar

13. Is this a better amendment than what I got going? I’ve also read great things on coco coir

14. Yes, it's a better soil mix for No-Till Gardeners. Take a second to read that opening statement from Blue/MOFO on that link I sent you. Blood Meal may be a good choice if you plan on vegging your plants for 90 days, and then I would just do it as a top dressing. Again, read the post, see if no till is for you. There are so many ways to grow but I settled on no till because it's the cleanist smoke you can grow. I just water my plants now, no slurry's, tea's except for an occasional Sprouting Tea but other than that just water.

15. Sweet I’ll def take a look! Now quick question... say I mix up 3sqft of soil... is that reusable or after each grow I gotta start with fresh amended soil?

16. That's a great soil mix,I would add 1/2 cup of fossilized oyster shell flour to it, that soil will get better with age,
    with top dressing between cycles and using teas (kelp,neem etc.) your not feeding your plants your feeding the soil, LOS ftw.

17. With todays LED tech you can get spectacular results.

Sent using the internets.

18. We’ll aim for the best but be happy with what she produces!!

19. That's a TLO mix, and will work great for that style of growing. If he's interested in no-till, I would approach my container differently.