Grow lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Danni93, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Was thinking about going LED and was wondering a good place to purchase one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2. Amazon or ebay.

Check out Mars Hydro 300W panel... should be like $80. Good for growing 2/3 plants.

3. Thanks bro! I wonder how are the results for something like this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mars for budget. Amare or others if you have cash.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Most people shoot for .5g/watt with LED's.

Granted the MH300 is actually only around 140-150 true watts. So on a good harvest expect 60-70 grams

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks guys. I'm already looking at which to buy.

7. Btw how do I know which is for veg and flower lights??

• Like Like x 1
  8. That is going to totally depend on the quality of light you're looking to buy which is dependent on your budget. The better quality light you get, the more it's gonna cost you. The super cheap ones aren't worth a dime so don't waste your money there. The mid range priced ones are, like everything else, made in China with the cheapest labor and parts and then floated over to us so the rate of problems with the lights can be a bit higher, but a lot of people use them just because they can afford them. Keep in mind that most of the LEDs are very small-bodied lights and only shine straight down. If you're only flowering one or two plants, that's fine. But if you're flowering several plants, the light just doesn't go around like you get with a hooded fixture with some reflection. Most people who use the less expensive lights are going with the Mars Hydro II. There's a rep on here for them....@SmokeSara I think. You might speak with her. Just make sure you understand what you're getting before you buy anything or you'll end up blowing a bunch of money and being really disappointed. TWW

9. In that case what are the good brand for a single plant?

10. they are full spectrum and all good for veg and flower the fancier ones have separate switch for veg and flower but then you are only using half power so to me that makes no sense I'd run them both on all the time ,
    some how the manufactures have convinced people its better because it has a switch

• Like Like x 1
  11. Get a Marshydro 300 one for each plant is best

12. people are doing great with these and one or 2 will do way better then a smaller panel

Efficient Grow Lights

13. If you want some real power you can find a 600 watt hps/mh kit on ebay with vented hood for around $120-150 depending on the day. You would probably need 3 mars 300's to equal one of those. You would also need a good exhaust fan so I'm not sure you want to take that step. They are cheap though and have been known to grow a pound a harvest or more with a decent grower.