grow light question-- please respond asap

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by khilljoy, Nov 17, 2015.

1. okay so, i have been reading up on growing my own bud for a while now, and i remembered i have a light that i used to use for my SAD (seasonal affective disorder.)
    the light is pretty powerful, so i wondered, would it be a good light to use for growing if i put panda film on the sides of my box(wip) to reflect it back on the plants??

heres the link to the one i have: http://www.day-lights.com/us/product/classicindex....

any help would be appreciated

2. Something that stands out to me is the uv filtering, bad for us is good for your plants in this case..

Sorry...

3. Would prolly do alright especially in veg, but if you wanna grow at least get some cfls or a cheap led.

Just ordered a 100x3 Mars hydro led panel on eBay for only 69.99

4. The fixture doesn't matter so much as the spectrum of the bulb. You have one spectrum for veg and another for flower....if you flower with CFLs, which I don't really recommend unless you have no other choice. The buds are much much nice with the other flowering lights...hps, cfl's. TWW

5. I wouldn't worry about the lack of UV light, my light doesn't put any off and I grew great bud with it. As best as I understand it, LEDs don't typically give off UV light.

So your light is this, according the website specs:

3 x 36 watt compact fluorescent
    4,000 Kelvin color temperature

The color tempurature seems to be in between what folks use for veg and flower. The power of the light isn't great but it'd probably work very well for starting seedlings. Here's a link for CFL growing:

http://www.growweedeasy.com/cfl-coco-coir

6. Your way under powered to produce anything of quality. HPS for bud in my experience is a must. I have done mulitple all led grows and multiple all cfl grows no comparison to a good hortilux Super HPS Bulb. But everyone has to start somewhere and none of the equipment is cheap so use what you have if u must but without intense lighting your buds will look terrible.