Grow journal white widow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by teanuts, Mar 19, 2013.

1. #1 teanuts, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    600 watt dimmable hps, 3*3*5.5 grow tent, humboldt nutients organic, superthrive, bud candy, bat guano an soil is 50 50 mix happy frog and ocean. Looking to get around 5 oz from these ladies. Two years back seedsman white widow hermes cause of lighting issues so 4 plants all had seeds, sucked at that point but going forward i have a nice stock of good seeds lol they are 8 days old will flip them at 14 days cause of height issues and time

Attached Files:

2. Nice, good report, don't have to ask you "whats your setup?"

Whats your temp & ventilation ?

There are other reasons but us old school guys always felt like males
    come from cool temps and hungry plants

I'll pull up a sofa... :) Subbed....

3. Thanks old doobie for following been growing for a while just wanted to get to the point with the stain and nutes. Never followed my progress throughout my grows so this should be interesting! Posting more pics tonight 2 days before i flip em later. Side note for the two week veg i set my ballast to 50% will go 100% when i flip. Peace yall!

4. Day 12 , 18/6 light cycle, 5 white widow seedsman f1's.

Attached Files:

5. Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't he be at 100% power on the light in the veg too??

Whats your temp & ventilation ?

6. Temp is 84* vent is 6" inline duct fan, correction 75% on the ballast.

7. looking good mate, I have some white widows growing now. be prepared for the smell, dam they're strong lol

I've always said male plants come from male seeds, and they were made by male pollen. just like sperm carries the deciding factor so does pollen.

if any environmental factors influence sex then it would be extremely common for people to have all male or all female plants in their grows. all the plants would share the same environment so they would all be the same sex. except for the very few grows that have the environment in perfect balance between the two but most grows would all be the same sex. this hardly ever happens. I have never had all my plants the same sex, I have always had a mix

so because of this I can only conclude that environment does not influence gender like so many people used to think

8. Well the thought was that only some of the plants will turn male based on temp

I have read it in old pot growing books from the 80's also

"letting your daytime temp go below 78 will increase your change of getting some males"

What you are saying makes complete sense but it would be nice if there was some kind of conformation from some science work....

9. My harvest since then have all been females not one male so im guessing my stock is all feminized could be wrong though! I had a loose connection witch caused the lights to go on and off at different intervals such stressing them. I didnt notice until i was down there pruning one day and they started to flicker, after seeing the lights do that i looked at each lady closley and sure enough balls on all of them lol

10. #10 GoldGrower, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
    I have read it many times too, I believe it's like that old pigeon experiment by B.F. Skinner that explains the origins of superstition. if your unaware of the experiment here's a snippet from wiki that explains it pretty well...

11. Wouldn't have been easier to just say it is coincidence ??

My God Man..... :confused::confused::confused:

12. if I had said that I'm sure you would of asked me to explain myself. I said it was like the famous pigeon experiment but I didn't know if you knew about it. so I quoted a wiki page. I didn't type all that out. if I disagree with someone I feel it's courteous to give a full explanation

plus there's a bit more to it than mere coincidence. I found that quote quite interesting, however I understand it won't be as interesting to everyone

13. Yes, of course as a person into science it is interesting.....

Have a good one !!, (I'll meet you on the next poster that needs some help) :D

14. Day 14 first day off flower. 100% on 600 watt hps, 83 temp, 5ml bat guano, 5 ml bud candy, 5 ml nervana, 5 ml humbodlt nutr organic bloom, 3ml big bud and 2 ml superthrive.

Attached Files:

15. Sub'd cant wait to see what happens normally I dont get to see the plant flower from such an early looking stage. Kudos! :)

16. adding all those nutes is going to cause you problems. they won't make use of them at this early stage.

also, they need to be a bit older before you can flower them. you can keep them on 12/12, it won't harm them but it will slow growth a bit as its a third less photosynthesis time. about 3-4 and they will be ready to flower

17. I think back in the 80s they didn't know low temps stress a plant and could cause hermies not males... Idk just a random stoner thought ;)

18. Yeah, what he said...... should be fun !!!

I'll be lookin over your shoulder :wave::wave::wave:

19. Day 15

Attached Files:

20. #20 teanuts, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
    Day 16dde1c looking good, nice and healthy grew almost 2 inches in 2 days. Temp is steady at 83 -85 humidity good. Starting to get that first hint of sweet smell from em. Will continue to update daily around this time, at this point the feeding schedule is feed, 2 days off, water and repeat until 2nd week . Not bad for two weeks huh

Attached Files: