Grow journal week 1 with PICS and one small question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dr.McJones, Apr 27, 2009.

1. #1 Dr.McJones, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    Germination was set for about a week that way i could install the setup on a sunday days where i jus do some things around the house may have been to long:( cause they broke off off the seed shell in the paper towel but plants are growing great:hello: i have only had them under light for one solid week today but i have one that is behind the pack and one it the very tip of the leaves have a wierd discoloration:confused: but it looks healthy :D in my first grow i only really had one fem and didnt add any nutes in the end about when should i add those and what is good for these girls(hopefully):smoking:......(and my plants are not in my setup in the pic because i am in grasscit and they are enjoying some music ) let me know what you think

Attached Files:

2. Are the lights 6500k color temp? They appear to be warm white flowering color (yellowish hue).

They look like they could be stretching a little, lights are either too far away or not enough light, or not the right color. If they don't stand up on their own it's usually a sign of stretching I think.

The discoloration on the leaf might be a pH issue or nute burn. What kind of soil are you using and have you checked your runoff water's pH?

I'm not sure on the best time to start adding nutes, but not for a few weeks at least.

3. for starters you need to get those lights alot closer... he's right they look to be stretching... try bending them over with your finger as they grow to get some strength back in the trunk so it can support it's own weight.... as far as nutes go, i would wait to feed about 2 weeks or until you transplant them... but i'm a beginer as well that's just what i would do... you don't want to burn them this early.... good luck keep us updated... the rule of thumb for cfl is 6500k for veg 100w (actual wattage not equivelent) per plant.... sound framiliar btbr?

4. they are CFLs they are higher wattage they jus look yellow in the pic they are pretty white to the eye and they stand on there own excp that one was grew like a 7 instead of straight upht and it made itto heavy on that one side it prob stands on its own again i have lights 2.5 inchs away

5. one soil is miacle the other is a local soil i form ill so its prob pretty fertle....it is growin out of the miricle but if it happened to it wouldnt it happen to the other?.....(and the lights are not yellow to clear that up now