Grow journal/ Perpetual sog questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by reggaeistheanswer, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Good morning everyone let's start today off right and grow some weed haha. My outdoor is about to finish up fairly soon and getting ready to start indoors. This are my outdoor ladies :) [​IMG]
    Orange crush, two cherry diesels and an unknown...I've lost about half of my buds on the orange crush due to caterpillars but think it may be too late in flower to spray with bt, so I've been sifting through the plants to pick the little fuckers out and then rolling the sticky icky off my fingers and topping off bowls with it lol.
    As you can see, my typical grows are topped at the third and then 4 way lst. While this has worked great for yield, I am thinking about just running straight plants in a sog style bc I just ordered some great strains and don't want to wait months and months to try some out. Now for the setups...
    I have a 3x3 dimmable 600w air cooled hood with a 6" fan pulling through a carbon filter I think is 450 cfm...tent worked great last season but temps have been an issue. I'm hoping once the summer months pass the ambient temps will help drop the tent temps 10° or so...with the light running at 450 and fan at 3/4 I ran 84-90 through this summer but tent is off right now bc I will be using it to dry my outdoor harvest. [​IMG]
    I raised the light last night to about 3 ft figuring it will probably stay at this height for a sog style...
    My new tent I payed for with change I had around the house!! Thought it may be a little small and wasn't sure about this led light but lemme tell you I fuckin love this little setup so far! 2x2x4 all passive's on the bottom are open, 136w ufo led 6" clip fan and two 4" booster fans pulling air out I think they are only 100cfm but tent stays at a steady 82-84 and 55-60% rh with barely any noise :) [​IMG]
    I have some cukes, peas, broccoli, etc in here now bc I also have a vegetable garden in the backyard. [​IMG]
    Monster cropped cherry diesel I'm just letting do its thing for shots and giggles, mazar, og kush, sour d that was topped two days ago, and durban poison. These are from seed about 2 and a half weeks ago. The dp only had one cotyldendon and was a very leggy seedling, and now almost looks like it was wind burn. Very anxious to see how this one is going to grow. [​IMG]
    Now I am planning on planting one of each seed again this weekend, in case of males which I hope I get this time because I want to start trying breeding. I am planning on pollinating some plants and putting outside to grow for seeds, and the others I am going to continually top to keep size down and either train for bonsai mom's, or once mature enough to clone I will create mom's from the clones. I also have a few autoflowers, g13, blue widow, strawberry cough and something else idr lol but the idea of keeping very small mom's to clone when I want is something I've always wanted to do. I have a single strip t5 I can hang outside and above the tent to root clones and then put them in the veg tent for a week maybe two before the flower tent. Now in flower, I have a handful of 3 gal smart pots I've had great success with, and I think I also have a bunch of 2 gal plastic pots in the backyard also. I'm not sure if I should run 9 in 3 gal pots with two maybe 3 weeks of veg and have them finish right around where my light is at now or if I should run more in 2 gal pots with less veg. I know it comes down to the strain dynamics and the Sativas are going to stretch a lot esp without topping but I'm sure a lot of you have a setup identical to mine and was looking for opinions and insight?
    Thanks in advance for reading my long ass post and hope everyone has a great weekend
    One love

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'd be interested to know what your cherry diesel is like, what breeder is that?
    Can't really help you with the sog perrpetual question, but I've just successful breed x1 isolated bud on a recent plant I grew and got x55 seeds from the x1 bud section.

3. 3 gal works better I've got both 3 and 2.5 gal so technically no matter if you have ten in one gallon containers or one in ten gallon lol quickest comparison suppose to make same no matter what it really comes down to watt s we tend to try to get 1gram per watt and some get lil more heard about Two grams per watt id stick to the three gallon tend to make perfect size for me but i do have some 2.5 gallon... One truck to get more is to use square it rectangle pots or bags helps with space... Play with find out what better fit you.... But you don't wanna be over crowded put about average 3 gal pots 20-25 if 600 Is veg only but flower needs more room if using same light fit all wouldn't do over 9-12 in 3 gal and that light better at about 20in-30in wouldn't go over lowest 16inppl will tell you no you can go closer but any closer is more usable light than it can take in farther than thirty not enough.......lol I may not answered your questions I'm high what was the question again lol

4. The cherry is from a friend up in Humboldt that has been running the same mother for years...no idea where the DNA comes from but last season I got a fairly good harvest. Completely covered in trichs and dank some shit lol def not something to smoke before bed though...realdealz I was wondering on pot size..I transplanted the babies to one gallon containers last night and am thinking I am going to run 9 3 gal in the flower room or possibly like 12-16 2 gal and flip as soon as clones have roots but I'm wondering if that's going to be enough soil? I'm starting to think I'm going to do the sour d and durban in 3s so I can top for 4 mains and then run the og kush and mazar single cola in 2s. I planted another set of everything the other night in case there's some males but my dog knocked over the mazar so I planted a strawberry cough instead haha

5. Cherry d on the left a few weeks into flower from last season...topped once and lst in a 3 gal pot and she took up a lot of room