Grow in Bathroom or Grow Tent ?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by daTokemoN, Jun 15, 2016.

?

Grow in the bathroom or make a Grow Tent ?

1. Grow in bathroom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Grow tent

100.0%
  1. Hey guys !

I'm new to growing , in fact this is my first time ever growing anything to be honest lol.
    So i have a spare bathroom , its a small one like 8x4 feet ... and the door is in the middle of the bathroom ... if i open the door and enter (door opens inside the bathroom) so i end up the shower area on my right which is 2x4 feet of free space and on my left is 4x4 feet area with a wash basin and a toilet ...since the door opens inside the bathroom i cant do anything in the area between the toilet and the shower and the only space i end up to grow in is the shower area 2x4 feet.

So ultimately i have 2 options :
    1) use the 2x4 feet shower area to grow
    2) remove the door and fit a sliding door or something and use the additional 2 feet area that the door initially took to open inside the bathroom and end up with the combined space of 4x4 feet to grow.

The bathroom has a window so I can manage my ventilation and stuff through it.

Another question I have is , depending on any of the above two options should i just cover the walls of the bathroom with white/reflective surface or build a grow tent with PVC pipes and stuff.
    Buying a grow tent is not an option since I live in India and we dont have any of the luxury of buying grow tents or equipment , and buying one from abroad and getting it shipped is coming up way too out of budget (500$ or more for a 4x4 grow tent or smaller).

I'm planning to use a 400w MH/HPS light for my grow , we dont get the Cool Tube kits or anything like that in here so I'll mostly have buy the lights here and order just the cool tube fixture from amazon , that is if its required in the first place. What do you guys think ? Do i need it ? I'm guessing I do , the temperatures at where I live go from 25 to 35 degree Celsius .... sometimes 40s in summer. Humidity is between 60 to 90-100.

And my final question is , can I grow enough in 2x4 feet grow area (if i do end up in 2x4 and not 4x4 ._. ) for myself and 2 of my family members ? 3 people in total ! Also how many plants should i grow the 2x4 feet area to maximize the yield ?

Sorry for making this thread so big and boring , but GC forums is the only hope I have with so many experienced and knowledgeable people in it ! ... here in India we have absolutely no support for growing marijuana ... we dont have shops or online stores that sell anything related to indoor growing ... I couldnt even freaking find a 400w hid online lol.

Anyway , thanks a lot for taking the time to read my post and thanks in advance for you valuable advice and knowledge ! Cheers !

2. You can get a 4x4 tent under $150. A single 400 watt light won't cover a 4x4 or 2x4 well. If you can't find a 400 watt light online, brush up on your Internet skills, they're everywhere. Try ebay or Amazon or an online grow shop like hydro galaxy in the us or any of the 1000s of others.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ha

4. You can laugh but seriously Google or search ebay/amazon for a 400 watt grow light, a shit ton pop up.

5. Im laughing cause i kno....lmao.where i got my 2 1000hps...

6. Was just laughing how u said "brush up on yur internet skills"

7. Well you said you couldn't find any online, all I have is your info to go from. They're super easy to find online

8. Wrong person brother...i only made the comment of laughing...n not outta disrespect,ive read info u have gave other people time to time n its always solid..but i never said i couldnt find one on there...there too easy to find on tbere just like u stated...